What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now smoking year 2016 D&R Three Sails in an undated straight brush etched black Molina apple with a nickel band and a black tapered vulcanite stem. Time to walk in this blistering heat.
Molina_Apple.jpg

Now smoking Ken Byron Ventures Mind the Gap (Merchant Service Pipes) in a 2003 medium bent Ural meer with a lined and etched egg shaped bowl with a silver band and a brown pearl acrylic stem. Putting the finishing touches on this and the other soon-to-be released KBV blends. Sweated out a pound of water weight walking in this 104 heat index day.
URAL_Etched_Egg.jpg

Continuing to feed my burley habit with CS Merriwether in a JM Beasly semi bent billiard with beautiful straight grain and thick walls. Funny thing is when I saw this pipe it was listed as made by James Upshall but when I received the pipe it was stamped JM Beasly 2018. I was going to return it but the grain was so nice and I got it at a good price so decided to keep it. Don't know that much about either pipe maker but did know Upshall has a good reputation. Only info I can find says Beasly was a tobacconist in England. Perhaps someone on here can enlighten me?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-08-13-08-38-00.png
    Screenshot_2021-08-13-08-38-00.png
    903.9 KB · Views: 48
Now smoking Ken Byron Ventures Keep Calm (Merchant Service Pipes) in a smooth unfinished brown slight bend 2015 Savinelli 320KS author with a tapered black vulcanite stem.
Savinelli_320KS_author_unfinished.jpg

Almost half way through this bowl of Watch City Beta Test Blend #2 in a full bend black pebble finish 2001 Rinaldo Lithos YY8 Titania Silver Line egg with a black acrylic tapered stem.
Rinaldo Lithos YY8 Titania Silver Line egg.jpg

Now trying the new Bengal Slices Single Barrel (aged in a bourbon barrel) in yet another Mountbatten (Charatan 2nd). BS SB was a very moist crumble cake that I crumbled and allowed to dry a bit. The cake smelled VERY fruity, the rubbed out form smells more like tobacco with what I suppose is a hint of licorice root. I'm also surviving the Portland, OR heat wave with several dogs, a glass of NA Pale Ale (and a glass of water), and several fans strategically placed whilst reading a book.

IMG_7474.jpg

Nice pipe. I
Now smoking Hearth & Home Marquee 10th Anniversary BlackHouse in a James Upshall P-Grade Bent Dublin with tapered bit. Just starting to clean some pipes. Even got out the silver polish!

View attachment 1852
Nice looking pipe. I have a two year old tin of Blackhouse I haven't popped yet. But since I have 6 open lat blends it's gonna have to wait a little longer, lol.

A quarter of the way through this bowl of year 2018 Mac Baren Acadian Perique in a straight smooth brown 1933-36 KBB Yello-Bole Honey Cured Briar 2384 Acorn with a tapered yellow stem. First time smoking this pipe. Working and listening to the Braves-Nats game.
KBB Yellow-Bole Honey Cured_Acorn1.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty peach, and am a quarter of the way through this bowl of year 2015 Sir Walter Raleigh in a 1922-38 Made in Ireland Peterson Dublin 3 straight smooth dark brown bulldog with a black vulcanite saddle p-lip stem.
Peterson3_Dublin_bulldog_1922-38.jpg

A quarter of the way through this bowl of circa year 2000 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Now smoking year 2016 D&R Three Sails in an undated straight brush etched black Molina apple with a nickel band and a black tapered vulcanite stem. Time for a set of walking reps.
Molina_Apple.jpg

Starting my day a little different. Instead of a burley blend, a nice aro. CS Second Breakfast in a Nording Extra grade 1 freehand dublin with amber stem and plateau top. A nice mellow, sweet smoke with strong coffee.
Had some hellatious wind last night. Blew over several of the wife's potted plants on the patio.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-08-14-08-21-11.png
    Screenshot_2021-08-14-08-21-11.png
    828.8 KB · Views: 40
Now smoking year 2014 4Noggins Alamosa in a mid-2000 decade Tom Eltang straight black rusticated canted AJ Dublin with a cream and brown horn ferrule, and a tapered black acrylic stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Tom_Eltang_AJDublin.jpg

Back to burley but sticking with CS. Merriwether in a Randy Wiley freehand dublin. French vanilla coffee on the side. Relaxing morning. Looking forward to the Cowboy Poets Gathering this afternoon.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-08-14-09-23-33.png
    Screenshot_2021-08-14-09-23-33.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 43
A third of the way through this bowl of year 2017 Esoterica Dorchester in a straight smooth brown 1920s KBB Rocky Briar 1582 patent no.298978 with a B in a circle bulldog with a tapered black vulcanite stem.
KBB Kaywoodie_Rocky1582-bulldog.jpg

Hello,
Just got home from work,Fired up my Bari danish freehand pipe with some Lane 1Q. Just found out I won an E-BAY auction last night! Custombilt OOM PAUL pipe from the mid 50`s for the grand total of 40$. The seller mistakenly listed it as an unmarked oom paul, probably from Italy,But studying the pics the Custombilt stamp was there! very faintly! Honestly,I would have gladly paid 5x that price for a Custombilt oom paul from that era. they don`t come around often. The seller also sanitized it as well! It`s a happy Saturday to me!