What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice pipe. I

Nice looking pipe. I have a two year old tin of Blackhouse I haven't popped yet. But since I have 6 open lat blends it's gonna have to wait a little longer, lol.
I know what you mean! Trying lots of blends all at once is my weakness. I have a few dozen blends that I opened to try and moved to jars. Luckily they last years that way.

The weather finally broke today, down from 105 to the mid-80's. On the water with some Orlik Golden Sliced in a sandblast Pete Sherlock Holmes Hudson...

YiwpCGgl.jpg

Now smoking year 2018 Esoterica Dunbar in a smooth straight, dark brown early 1960s Lane era Charatan Selected 43 Dublin with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. This pipe was formerly owned by actor William Conrad. Watching the Braves-Nats game.
Conrad-Dublin copy.jpg

My next to last bowl of Rattrays Red Rap in a Randy Wiley grade 99 freehand. Iced coffee aside. Maybe try to finish it off tomorrow and repurpose the jar to that unopened tin of H&H Blackhouse.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-08-14-18-13-37.png
    Screenshot_2021-08-14-18-13-37.png
    806.8 KB · Views: 51
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken and asparagus dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm smoking Missouri Meerschaum Orchard Mist Crumble Kake (Limited Edition) in a 2016 quarter bend Royal Meerschaum fluted paneled brandy meer with a black, gold and cream swirl amber colored acrylic tapered stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink. Watching the Dodgers-Mets game while I write review notes.
Royal_Meer_Fluted-Paneled_Brandy.jpg

Good morning pipers. My own mix, Sir Walters Bloody Cult (50/50 SWR and Cult BRM), in a MM cob. This is actually smoking quite well but won't keep it in the rotation due to the cost of BRM in tins. With strong morning coffee. Peaceful morning in the mountains.

Hello,
Lazy day here,had a quick brunch,Decided to try one of the new tobacco`s I just got yesterday. Sutliff Rum& maple in a Pete 999. WOW! This stuff scorched my tongue no matter how slow I smoked it ! How this stuff got good reviews is beyond me.I got 4 oz. ! Anybody have any ideas of what to blend this with to make it smokable? Maybe I should just trash it!

Starting off my smoking day with a bowl of circa year 2000 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Hello,
Lazy day here,had a quick brunch,Decided to try one of the new tobacco`s I just got yesterday. Sutliff Rum& maple in a Pete 999. WOW! This stuff scorched my tongue no matter how slow I smoked it ! How this stuff got good reviews is beyond me.I got 4 oz. ! Anybody have any ideas of what to blend this with to make it smokable? Maybe I should just trash it!
Never got any bite from it myself. Try giving it a little dry time, and puff slowly. If this doesn't work, take an aro you think would work for it, flavor-wise, and cut it with a quarter or a third of R&M. Btw, if you want the best R&M there is, try Wilke's R&M. John Brandt uses real Vermont maple cavendish (the factory that processes it is a block away from his business), and real rum. Nothing artificial.

Now smoking year 2016 D&R Three Sails in an undated straight brush etched black Molina apple with a nickel band and a black tapered vulcanite stem. Time for a set walking reps.
Molina_Apple.jpg

Hello,
I had the same issue with it. Smoked quite hot and didn't taste that great. Since you like Lanes tobacco you might try mixing some with 1Q. If that doesn't work then toss it.

Almost a third of the way through this bowl of Mac Baren Royal Twist Deluxe (Re-release) in a 1970s smooth brown slight bent rough top Charatan's Make (Lane) Perfection Deluxe Extra Large with right and left channel cuts and a black double comfort vulcanite stem. Watching the Braves-Nats game. Almost have this review written.
Charatan_Perfection_Deluxe_Extra_ Large.jpg