What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...a 1999 smooth medium bend Peterson Sherlock Holmes Series Baskerville with a sterling silver band and black vulcanite p-lip stem.
View attachment 1729
Jim, I had all but given up on deep bends but I really love this Baskerville. Started looking about for one but they seem to have changed the shape to my eye - the bowls on the newer ones aren't quite as round on the bottom, and the bend is not quite as extreme. Maybe it's just me, but I guess I'll be looking for an estate or older one.

Jim, I had all but given up on deep bends but I really love this Baskerville. Started looking about for one but they seem to have changed the shape to my eye - the bowls on the newer ones aren't quite as round on the bottom, and the bend is not quite as extreme. Maybe it's just me, but I guess I'll be looking for an estate or older one.
I wasn't aware that the style had changed, but I don't like it either. You'll find what you want with little difficulty.

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and have about a quarter of a bowl left of Tinder Box Mayor Pete in a 1975 medium bend sandblasted looking, smooth on the sides yellow Pioneer meer billiard with a black ferrule and vulcanite stem in the military mount style. Getting ready for my weekly Sunday zoom chat at the top of the hour.
Pioneer meer billiard .jpg

Just passing the half way mark on this bowl of year 2000 Wessex Brigade Sovereign Curly Cut in a smooth straight Lane era Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. This pipe was formerly owned by actor William Conrad. Zooming with friends.
Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg

Almost half way through this bowl of Mac Baren Scottish Mixture in a straight, smooth brown 1960s Lane era Charatan Special 38 bulldog with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Watching the Dodgers beating the Mets.
1960s_Lane_Charatan_Special38_bulldog.jpg

Now smoking 2003 Rich's Renaissance (a Steve Books blend) in a "Charatan's Make London, England Executive" egg (no other nomenclature). The jar was sealed with wax since 2003. Just had a filling Chicken Vindaloo dinner and I'm now relaxing with an IPA and my pipe while watching some 1960s Doctor Who.

IMG_7501.jpg

Jim, they are almost impossible for me pass up at an affordable price. I try and catch them in pipe lots on the bay. This pipe here came with the other one and two Dunhills from the thirties.View attachment 1883
Plum Pudding in a Patent Pending Comoy's Bulldog.
Awesome, man!

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, French cut pork chops and green beans dinner with a small scoop of French vanilla ice cream for dessert. I've about a quarter of a bowl left of year 2013 Dunhill Flake in a straight smooth 1960 Dunhill DRA 137 group 4 root briar canted dublin with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Dunhill_Birthyear-Left.jpg

Good morning,
Looks like it`s going to be a Peterson p-lip day, as my tongue has not fully recovered from yesterdays scorching. Smoking some Creme Brulee in a large bent Pete ST. Patricks day pipe.

Just passing the half way mark on this bowl of year 2000 Wessex Brigade Sovereign Curly Cut in a smooth straight Lane era Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. This pipe was formerly owned by actor William Conrad. Zooming with friends.
View attachment 1874

A bit more of that good old Orlik Golden Sliced in a Pete Sherlock Holmes Strand...

OvhFvKtl.jpg
Looking through my tobacco stash last evening discovered I have two unopened tins of Orlik dark strong kentucky. Might pop one later.

More SW Bloody Cult in a MM general with morning coffee. Amazing how much better this smokes in a cob vs a briar. Landscapers from the HOA harshing my mellow by line trimming, i.e. weed whacking on the common area behind our property.

Just finished smoking circa year 2000 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg