What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just finished smoking circa year 2000 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Did a set of walks, and smoked a bowl of year 2016 D&R Three Sails in an undated straight brush etched black Molina apple with a nickel band and a black tapered vulcanite stem. It's time for lunch, now.
Molina_Apple.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty peach, and am smoking year 2014 Astley’s No. 44 in a smooth slight bend dark brown 1940s-1950s Comoy’s Blue Riband 228C prince with a tapered black vulcanite stem.
Comoy’s_B.R.228C_prince.jpg

Now smoking SWRA in a straight black sandblast undated Savinelli Hercules 115EX pot with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Getting ready to photograph the estate pipes I got as I watch/listen to the Braves-Yankees game.
Savinelli_Hercules_115EX pot.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am half way through this bowl of Watch City Old Black Magic in a 1970s slight bend smooth Danish Sovereign XXX 309 with a flat front sitter with a black vulcanite stem.

View attachment 2029

One of the things I find interesting is seeing a pipe in a shape I have or have had, but maybe in a different series. For instance, I have this pipe marked Scandia, and in a very pleasant brown sandblast finish; mine is stamped 709. Also, Jim's Peterson Milverton shown earlier. His is a smooth finish; mine is a dark sandblast.

i8m5MmSl.jpg

Last edited:
A little ODF in the only pipe I have that was my dad's, marked Frank and French Briar. The original stem disintegrated; not sure if it was amber or just some early plastic material. I had the replacement made along with a new bone screw. In truth, I never saw my dad smoke it; he was an unfiltered Camel and later a Salem guy; I expect he was gifted the pipe or maybe won it somewhere. I pirated it from his top dresser drawer once and traded it away for something (don't even remember what) but later feared the possible wrath and got it back somehow. The second photo is him on his honeymoon with his ever-present cigarette and his new Model A Ford, and his father's watch which I also have.

JsMJmR8l.jpg

CfRBYkTl.jpg

Got the urge to try something new last night so unsealed a couple of baggies and jarred them. Finishing a bowl of one, Watch City Terrapin Station, in a Maestro de Paya semi bent rusticated apple. Good blend. The H&H Chatham Manor will have to wait till after dinner.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-08-24-17-59-45.png
    Screenshot_2021-08-24-17-59-45.png
    849.9 KB · Views: 57
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, French cut pork chops and sugar snap peas dinner with a bowl of rocky road ice cream for dessert. I'm closing in on the half way mark of this bowl of year 2012 St. James Flake in a straight 1968 Dunhill Tanshell octagonal paneled EK F/T billiard with a square shank and tapered black vulcanite stem. Larry's Expresso #9, neat, is my drink. Fed the feral cats, took out the trash, emptied the dishwasher, and catalogu
Dunhill_1968Tanshell_Billiard.jpg
ed all the estate pipes I got yesterday. Going to label the photos as I watch the Yankees beating the Braves.

One of the things I find interesting is seeing a pipe in a shape I have or have had, but maybe in a different series. For instance, I have this pipe marked Scandia, and in a very pleasant brown sandblast finish; mine is stamped 709. Also, Jim's Peterson Milverton shown earlier. His is a smooth finish; mine is a dark sandblast.

i8m5MmSl.jpg
You might see more of that if I was posting all of my smokes. I don't do that because it's too much.

A little ODF in the only pipe I have that was my dad's, marked Frank and French Briar. The original stem disintegrated; not sure if it was amber or just some early plastic material. I had the replacement made along with a new bone screw. In truth, I never saw my dad smoke it; he was an unfiltered Camel and later a Salem guy; I expect he was gifted the pipe or maybe won it somewhere. I pirated it from his top dresser drawer once and traded it away for something (don't even remember what) but later feared the possible wrath and got it back somehow. The second photo is him on his honeymoon with his ever-present cigarette and his new Model A Ford, and his father's watch which I also have.

JsMJmR8l.jpg

CfRBYkTl.jpg
That's a real beauty. Looks like an early 1900s pipe.

An after dinner smoke of H&H Chatham Manor in a Pete full bent system with creme sherry. Okay but nothing to write home about. Just don't get all the reviews that say this is better than CH. Not for me. Got a bit of tongue bite, maybe because I puffed too hard trying to get more flavor. I'll finish this but it won't take the place of CH in my daily rotation.

Half way through this bowl of Prince Albert in a straight smooth walnut 1927 KBB Kaywoodie Drinkless 86 dublin with a tapered black vulcanite stem. This model was only made in 1927. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Kaywoodie_Billiard86_1927.jpg