What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, large pepperoni/mushroom pizza dinner with a big bowl of vanilla bean ice cream sprinkled with chopped cashews for dessert. I'm half way through this bowl of year 2016 Stonehaven in a 2002 medium bend smooth brown Rinaldo EGEA 03 Silver line spigot 10 with a black acrylic saddle stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Rinaldo EGEA 03 Silver line spigot 10.jpg

Hey Everybody,

I’ve been absent lately due to a New England vacation. One of the highlights was getting to stop at L.J. Peretti’s in Boston. Peretti’s has been in business since 1870 and the scale they use to weigh your tobacco predates the store! They have been at their current location since 1938 and everything still looks period correct. I couldn't figure out which was thicker in the shop...the tobacco aroma or the nostalgia! Small corner shop of American tobacco history!

I’ve been smoking the following three blends: LJP‘s 150th Anniversary Blend, London Flake, and No. 8 Slice. All are great tobaccos that I really can’t compare to anything other than a few Watch City Cigar blends.
41CFF5A3-668F-4EC0-B9B4-AF4C022EF282.jpeg

Last edited:
Enjoyed a tasty Envy apple, and am a quarter of the way through this bowl of Sutliff English Oriental #400341 in a 1980s SMS eagle claw egg medium bend meerschaum signed by J. Boglon with a brown and cream swirl acrylic stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
SMS_Eagle Claw-side.jpg

Now smoking year 2012 Sutliff BRG in a 1979 Ascorti Business KS Hungarian with a black pearl acrylic stem. It's been several years since I smoked this pipe. I bought it in 1979 and until the early 1990s, it was one of my most heavily smoked pipes. Bought it new at The Tinderbox for $60.
Ascorti Business KS Hungarian.jpg

Good Morning everyone.
Today I woke up with a craving for Hobbit Weed, Darn I'm addicted to this stuff. So without further ado, and to make my good buddy Ranger chuckle. I'm going to PLUG a Vauen Billiard with a generous 3 pincher. And indulge my addiction.

Attachments

• 20220908_111954.jpg
    20220908_111954.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
After a really great smoke of Rangers Hobbit Weed earlier today. I thought I would try my own version that I blended last month. So I plugged a MMCC Mark Twain with it, and gave it a go. Result...ermmm close but not quite there. Maybe I'll up the Vanilla a little, and down the cherry. Pleasent though, Mrs Z said nice room note. Not as cool a smoke, as the original. So i think I'll leave it cooking, before trying it again.
Have a fantastic day yawl 😉.

After a bowl of Granger in a cob, Prince Albert DR in a Vauen Dr. Perl 5625 with a P lip. I bought this at an antique store for less than $20, and the stem was badly oxidized and tasted like burnt rubber when smoking, band tarnished and bowl dirty inside and out. Hopefully this taste has gone, and so far so good. I intend to try some of their 9mm filters for this.
20220908_095342.jpg

Plugged my Phillip Perl Picasso with some Condor. I originally used this pipe specifically for Condor only, since I heard that, (as did Ranger) Condor was prone to Ghosting. However I've never found that to be true. And I use it now for all types of bakki, with no problems.
Enjoy the rest of your day my friends.
God save the Queen

Attachments

• 20220908_170359.jpg
    20220908_170359.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
About half way through this bowl of year 2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Smoking a Savinelli 616 ks with W O Larsen 1864 and a Martinson k-cup. Been working in the yard most of the day,was making a lot of progress,until my wife came out and reminded me that we are going out this evening. It`s ok,because my back was starting to give me the old warning ...
Scored a Caminetto on e-bay early this morning,Rusticated straight billiard, Appears to be in good shape.