What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am smoking Erik Stokkebye 4th Generation Evening Flake in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson Ebony POTY 4AB No. 422/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Larry's El Salvador Dali, neat, is my drink.
4AB_Ebony.jpg

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, barramundi and sugar snap peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm close to finishing this bowl of year 2022 Mac Baren Burley London Blend in a smooth medium bend 2011 Rinaldo Collection Fiammata Silver Line 7 Odea 04 flame grain bulldog with a silver band and a tortoise shell acrylic saddle stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Rinaldo Silver Line 7 Odea 04 bulldog .jpg

Good Afternoon friends. On what today is a very sad day for me, and my fellow country men.
Earlier I was smoking St. Bruno in various pipes, but I have just taken delivery of an American blend of Kentucky Nougart, (well you know me I love these sweet tobaccos). So I plugged a rustic Savinelli Roma 504 bulldog for my first try of this particular bakki. It lights easily and gives a creamy smoke that's very mild on the senses.
It burns slow down to a dry ash, this tobacco is very moreish and im tempted to plug another bowl and start again. Gorgeous
God save the King.

Attachments

• 20220909_131725.jpg
    20220909_131725.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Good Afternoon friends. On what today is a very sad day for me, and my fellow country men.
Earlier I was smoking St. Bruno in various pipes, but I have just taken delivery of an American blend of Kentucky Nougart, (well you know me I love these sweet tobaccos). So I plugged a rustic Savinelli Roma 504 bulldog for my first try of this particular bakki. It lights easily and gives a creamy smoke that's very mild on the senses.
It burns slow down to a dry ash, this tobacco is very moreish and im tempted to plug another bowl and start again. Gorgeous
God save the King.
Zippo,

My thoughts and prayers for you and your countrymen on this loss of Queen Elizabeth.

Good morning everyone. Right now it's Urban Cowboy, which ironically contains SWR. Reading up on British history found out that Sir Walter was a confidant of Queen Elizabeth the first. In a Sav Hercules with morning coffee. Later I will have some Condor, said to be the most popular tobacco in England, in a MM cob. A blending of, and a tribute to, both cultures.

Hey Everybody,

I’ve been absent lately due to a New England vacation. One of the highlights was getting to stop at L.J. Peretti’s in Boston. Peretti’s has been in business since 1870 and the scale they use to weigh your tobacco predates the store! They have been at their current location since 1938 and everything still looks period correct. I couldn't figure out which was thicker in the shop...the tobacco aroma or the nostalgia! Small corner shop of American tobacco history!

I’ve been smoking the following three blends: LJP‘s 150th Anniversary Blend, London Flake, and No. 8 Slice. All are great tobaccos that I really can’t compare to anything other than a few Watch City Cigar blends.
Did you happen to get a picture of the scale? If so, I'd love to see it. When I worked at a shop, we used a scale from the 1930s or 1940s. It had a giant metal scoop that then rested on four prongs. It worked great, and it was surprisingly accurate. People enjoyed watching us weigh up their tobacco.

63° and clear. A Stanwell with 5 year old Luxury Navy Flake. A fine, fine smoke. 8/10.

Good morning everyone. Right now it's Urban Cowboy, which ironically contains SWR. Reading up on British history found out that Sir Walter was a confidant of Queen Elizabeth the first. In a Sav Hercules with morning coffee. Later I will have some Condor, said to be the most popular tobacco in England, in a MM cob. A blending of, and a tribute to, both cultures.
There is a popular belief here in England. That Sir Walter Raleigh bought back and introduced tobacco from the Americas (Virginia) in 1586. This however is now widely disputed, as tobacco was smoked by Spanish and Portugese sailors long before this date. It is now thought to have been introduced by Sir John Hawkins as early as 1565. Whoever it was, I'm extremely happy they did. Oh and it could also be argued that Ranger107 introduced Hobbit Weed to these shores also, for which I am eternally happy 😊
Enjoy your day my friends.

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am half way through this bowl of Sutliff English Oriental #400341 in a full bend black pebble finish 2001 Rinaldo Lithos YY8 Titania Silver Line egg with a tapered black acrylic stem. Larry's El Salvador Dali, neat, is my drink. Watching the BBC.
Rinaldo Lithos YY8 Titania Silver Line egg.jpg