What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A quarter of the way through this bowl of Watch City New Beta in a 1978 straight smooth brown BBB Silver Mounted 522 pot with a silver band and a tapered black vulcanite stem.
BBB_Silver Mounted522_pot.jpg

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, snapper and sugar snap peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm smoking year 2013 Esoterica Tilbury in a smooth medium bend 1999 Peterson Sherlock Holmes Series Milverton with a sterling silver band and a black vulcanite p-lip stem. Since I have mostly smoked Petersons today, I decided to have a Peterson evening. Watching The World Series. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Peterson Sherlock Holmes_Milverton.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty Jazz apple, and am smoking C&D Virginia Flake in straight medium brown 1922-1937 Irish Free State era Peterson 222 bullcap with a sterling silver band and a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. This time smoking this pipe. Sure has been hard deciding on what to smoke in it. I just knew it wouldn't be a Virginia with much or any topping. Not going to smoke something scented or heavily topped in a pipe this old. I can do that with a lot of other pipes. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
Irish Free State bullcap_222.jpg

Now smoking year 2015 Mac Baren Virginia #1 in a three quarter bend smooth dark brown Made in Ireland (1938-1948) pre-Republic Peterson 367 with a 5 in a circle Shamrock apple with a black vulcanite flared p-lip saddle stem. First time smoking this pipe.
Peterson_PR_Apple367_3_Shamrock.jpg

Good morning everyone. Up fairly early today. Sun just peeking below the horizon. Having a big bowl of Hobbits Weed in the Butz Choquin magnum bent brandy and a hot mug of Costa Rican coffee. A nippy 30 degrees this am. Lots of frost on the pumpkin. Nice and comfy under the heated throw with the patio heater going and hot coffee to warm the insides.

Plugging a James Barber Zulu, with a generous 3 pincher of Zippo blended Hobbit Weed. If this blend never reaches the heights of the original tobacco that you guys are lucky enough to get in the states. I won't mind so much, as this stuff that I've blended, trying to emulate it, is delicious.
That's if I can say so myself....And I do 😁

Attachments

• 20221008_115906.jpg
    20221008_115906.jpg
    813.9 KB · Views: 0
A question for you gentlemen. My best friend and his wife just got back from a trip to Spain and brought home a Vauen Ambrosi green bent brandy pipe as a gift for me. This is the first Vauen I have ever seen/felt/smoked. I tried it out yesterday, and it smoked hot. Given the facts that it had no cake build up at all, and that I did not use the filter, I'm wondering if that could have made the difference in how it smoked. I may have puffed too rapidly, but I doubt it. If any of you have any experience with Vauens, please, let me know what you think and share any wisdom you might have regarding this brand. Most of my pipes are Italian, with a few Petes and a cob thrown in. Thanks in advance for your replies.

A question for you gentlemen. My best friend and his wife just got back from a trip to Spain and brought home a Vauen Ambrosi green bent brandy pipe as a gift for me. This is the first Vauen I have ever seen/felt/smoked. I tried it out yesterday, and it smoked hot. Given the facts that it had no cake build up at all, and that I did not use the filter, I'm wondering if that could have made the difference in how it smoked. I may have puffed too rapidly, but I doubt it. If any of you have any experience with Vauens, please, let me know what you think and share any wisdom you might have regarding this brand. Most of my pipes are Italian, with a few Petes and a cob thrown in. Thanks in advance for your replies.
Hmmmm interesting question Carl. I have 3 Vauens, and only one smokes hot. More importantly, its the only one without cake, and it does have rather thin walls. But its still fairly new. But it's an interesting question regardless.
Jiminks over to you (puts hands on chin and looks quizzical) 🤔

Not far from finishing this bowl of year 2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Never owned a Vauen pipe. Are the walls thin? Is the draft hole narrow? I never use filter and I don't believe they make smokes cooler.

Hmmmm interesting question Carl. I have 3 Vauens, and only one smokes hot. More importantly, its the only one without cake, and it does have rather thin walls. But its still fairly new. But it's an interesting question regardless.
Jiminks over to you (puts hands on chin and looks quizzical) 🤔
JIm,

The walls are thin near the top of the bowl and thicken as they drop down to the base of the bowl, hence my calling it a brandy. It is brand new and right out of the bag/box. I think the cake issue is the determining factor here. I'll see if I can buid up cake over the next few weeks, if I can find some Vauen filters. Thanks for your input.