What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dave, curios if you remember how much you paid for this? They had one on ebay estate pipes couple of days ago. Was up to $108 and still 2 hours to go. Figured it would probably go up to $125 or so.
I bought this set (regular Mark Twain and the poker) when it came out around 2010 so I don't know what the price would be for just the poker.

Nice long bowl of 3 star blue in my Lorenzo giant this am. Good for over an hour. A nippy 28 degrees but not bad with the patio heater on and a heated throw we picked up at Costco. Between the two cozy as a bug in a rug, lol.

Country Squire's Cherokee in a Kaywoodie stack.

IMG_8203.jpg

Hiya Brothers, saw the post regarding my "American Lakeland" :) .

Tobacco memories are akin to food or alcohol memories and can induce all kinds of stuff. No offense what so ever.

Today is herd management...tightening up the regular pipes and tobaccos (I went over board the past three months with TAD & PAD). Wrote about a new pipe experience yesterday on the blog...

Anyway, today found a dance partner for a Ropp Vintage Stout Billiard with horn stem: C&D Derringer. Because this is a nose-warmer sized pipe (not even 4.5 inches) it brings out the subtle flavors of this tobacco. Quite delicious in the cold wind of Idaho this afternoon. Trusty Cowboy Coffee and a good flame in my Zippo with pipe insert. Matches would certainly be out of the question today!

Sat out on the patio following a 3 inch powdery snowfall...C&D Odessa in a Ropp Vintage Stout sandblasted Stack. This was the maiden voyage for this pipe, which I purchased with this tobacco in mind. It's a beautiful pairing and having much experience with this tobacco, the pipe really smokes beautifully. Dark roasted Cowboy coffee on the side and whispers of a gentle snowfall. A lovely experience indeed.

Ropp Vintage Stout sandblasted Stack.jpg

Three pipes up this evening. WC Ernie Morning Pipe In a Peterson 2018 Christmas 01. L.J. Peretti 2019 Thanksgiving Day Blend in a RD Pipes Bamboo Brandy. G. L. Pease Sparkplug in a Savinelli 320 KS.
Four Roses Bourbon on the side.

Been very active the past few days. Post dinner, sat out on the patio, silence abounds over snow while sipping G.L. Pease Montgomery in a Ropp Etudiant sandblast Dublin, Cowboy coffee at hand.

Three pipes up this evening. WC Ernie Morning Pipe In a Peterson 2018 Christmas 01. L.J. Peretti 2019 Thanksgiving Day Blend in a RD Pipes Bamboo Brandy. G. L. Pease Sparkplug in a Savinelli 320 KS.
Four Roses Bourbon on the side.
Four roses? That's a blast from the past. Did not know they still made it. My ex father in law used to drink that and Old Crow.

Revisited a tobacco that I tried about a month ago that I found bitter then. Now, it was absolutely delicious. The blend: C&D Oak Alley. Enjoyed it in a white clay with 6 inch stem, Cowboy Coffee at hand. Good, and stout flavor akin to 90% dark chocolate type of bitterness. Came across as pretty gentle in Vit N. Certainly will spend more time with this, especially with a fondness for low, bass notes in the flavor area. Though as part of the Cellar Series, and the recommendation aging is 10-15 years, this tin has all of 3 months on it. Good a beefy...no veal here!

Anyone else smoke this one?

Sunny but cool 41 degrees for my walkabout. Peretti Omega in a Peretti half bent Dublin. Turkish flavors showing nicely today (I've had this in a mason jar for three years). Peretti website does not indicate the exact varietal, nor does TR. Jim Ink suspects Yenidje but to me it tastes more like Dubec. I also think some of the light pieces attributed to bright Virginia may be golden Basma because I'm getting a good amount of sunflower seed. Whatever it is - it is good.