What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Jiminks:
You seem to have a huge collection of pipes and some exotic looking ones at that. If you don't mind me asking, how big is your collection?
This morning I am enjoying a large, strong black cofffee and Three Nuns packed into my Castello.

Pipe smoking is the most protracted of all forms of tobacco consumption. It may explain why pipe smokers are generally regarded as patient men ā€” and philosophers."

- Jerome E. Brooks, The Mighty Leaf: Tobacco Through the Centuries (1952)

Just finished smoking year 2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Hi Jiminks:
You seem to have a huge collection of pipes and some exotic looking ones at that. If you don't mind me asking, how big is your collection?
This morning I am enjoying a large, strong black cofffee and Three Nuns packed into my Castello.

I have a link to my collection on another forum. I'll PM it to you.

Actually, I don't post all my smokes here because I smoke about 16 bowls a day, and this thread is for all of us, not just me. I prefer not to dominate it with all of them. And, I'm really more interested in everybody else's smokes since I know what I'm smoking. You guys make this place fun for me.

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am a third of the way through this bowl of Sutliff Eccentric (Signature Series) in a 1960s Austrian meerschaum bent apple with a tapered yellow stem. Will have this review done today.
Austrian_meer_apple.jpg

Now smoking year 2015 John Aylesbury Sir Johnā€™s Flake Virginia in a straight light brown 2020 Ryan Alden Ace of Spades squat bulldog with a spalted pecan top and ferrule thatā€™s on the tapered black acrylic stem. First time smoking this belated birthday pipe.
Ryan_Alden_BD-left.jpg

Ryan_Alden_BD_right.jpg

Ryan_Alden_BD_bottom.jpg

Peterson EMP in a Randy Wiley grade 55 freehand 1/4 bent dublin. This smokes okay buy not as good as the 2 grade 99s. If I buy another, I will stick with the higher grades. Cream Sherry on the side. Had a visitor on the berm when I came out. Think he was looking around for Wiley Coyote.

Attachments

• 20230104_154351.jpg
    20230104_154351.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Half way through this bowl of first release Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

Smoking a french corsika square billiard with MB 7 seas regular blend and a mug of CR coffee,sunny 51 degrees here, back pain has decreased some...
Sturdy, I had my back fused in 1986 and the surgery was not successful, I had another operation in 88 with another back fusion & steel rod placed in my spine. That surgery helped me for about 5 years until the pain came back. In the 90`s they started giving me steroid injections which helped,but the steroids destroyed the bone in my hip and I had to have my hip replaced. so now I am on pain meds with no hope in sight. All I am told is it`s arthritis,which does not help
Thank you for your suggestion,sorry guys for the long explanation.
EZ, Iā€™m so sorry to hear how long you have been suffering with back pain. I throw my lower left back out every once in a while, but it self corrects in a few days. Iā€™m going to stop complaining after hearing what you have been living with. If only coffee & 7 Seas were the cure!

Hi Jiminks:

Surrey, I canā€™t think of a better morning. Coffee, Three Nuns, and a Castello. None finer!

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and snow peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm a quarter of the way through this bowl of year 2013 Capstan Blue Ready Rubbed in a straight 1924 Dunhillā€™s ā€œShell Briarā€ patent pot 7 with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Watching The Flirting Widow co-starring Basil Rathbone.
Dunhill_1924_ pot.jpg

Peterson EMP in a Randy Wiley grade 55 freehand 1/4 bent dublin. This smokes okay buy not as good as the 2 grade 99s. If I buy another, I will stick with the higher grades. Cream Sherry on the side. Had a visitor on the berm when I came out. Think he was looking around for Wiley Coyote.
Beep...Beep...