What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Greetings from the ''Outlaw Greek Pipe Smoking Team"

PpgPk16.jpg
PpgPk16

w4lrE7C.jpg
w4lrE7C

Epos Green River.
Sid, glad to see you're hanging in there. Maybe instead of Outlaw you should call yourselves the Greek resistance?

An early morning, attending a workshop held by my wife (she's in India) so been going since 2:30 a.m. Just had breakfast followed by a 45 minute bowl of Rattray's Jocks Mixture in a Rossi Piccolo Belge. Cowboy Coffee and pure silence at hand. One of those, "The world is sleeping and I got the place to myself" experiences. Beautiful tobacco, akin to spending the silence with a old friend. Serene morning to you all.
Paul, love the images you conjure up. A bit the same here. Some CH in my new Pete Rosslare to build a little cake. Quiet, serene, no sound but the birds chirping. Very peaceful here in the AZ mountains this morning.

An early morning, attending a workshop held by my wife (she's in India) so been going since 2:30 a.m. Just had breakfast followed by a 45 minute bowl of Rattray's Jocks Mixture in a Rossi Piccolo Belge. Cowboy Coffee and pure silence at hand. One of those, "The world is sleeping and I got the place to myself" experiences. Beautiful tobacco, akin to spending the silence with a old friend. Serene morning to you all.
I need to try the Jocks. In college I smoked Red Rapparee and Black Mallory on occasion. Still have an unopened tin of RR on the shelf from 2016. Should probably break into it soon.

Enjoying a bowl of one of my faves: C&D Shandygaff in a Ropp Vintage Stack. Cowboy Coffee and a shot of Honey Whisky on the side.
Ropp Stack.jpg

Phot taken before the consumption of the whiskey :cool:

Still experimenting with familiars ration. May have found a new match. Packed up a bowl in my new Aldo Velani and it is doing it justice. Finally picking up on the nuances some reviewers speak of. May not be in my top ten but certainly worth keeping some on hand. Earl gray on the side melds nicely.

Still experimenting with familiars ration. May have found a new match. Packed up a bowl in my new Aldo Velani and it is doing it justice. Finally picking up on the nuances some reviewers speak of. May not be in my top ten but certainly worth keeping some on hand. Earl gray on the side melds nicely.
Fusiliars, not Familiars, damn auto fill. Should have caught that.

There was actually a blend I've tried that has tastes of Earl Grey in it. Now I'm going to be scratching my head all night trying to remember what it was. :confused:

Sutliff black cordial in a smallish Road Town chimney billiard. Thought initially this was going to be a loser due to the smallish diameter and thin walls, but it is handling the blend quite well, just have to sip slower than usual.

Warmed up to 60 F this morning...a delightful accompaniment to a bowl of C&D Virgina Gentleman in a Ropp rustivated vintage Belge with horn stem. Reliable Cowboy Coffee at my side.

In anticipation of the"event" I broke out my new to me gourd calabash with fusiliers ration. If we have out of your gourd day think it will be arango balkan supreme.

Warmed up to 60 F this morning...a delightful accompaniment to a bowl of C&D Virgina Gentleman in a Ropp rustivated vintage Belge with horn stem. Reliable Cowboy Coffee at my side.
Paul, you have mentioned Ropp pipes several times. Are they good smokers? I looked on ebay earlier and there are several listed pretty cheap. Not the cherry woods but several nice looking briars for under $50. One, a nice looking billiard was only $29. What say you?

Squadron Leader Special Edition with perique in my Pete Mark Twain; a couple fingers of Lagavulin alongside...

mLT8BF9l.jpg
Idlefellow, all the reviews I read of SL say it is the quintessential English. What is different about the special edition? Just the perique? BTW, good choice of scotch.