What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Savoring a delicious bowl of GH Dark Birdseye in a black Vauen bulldog as I take more photos of pipes to sell.

My upright bass fell over off its stand last week and got seriously damaged. So.. I'm having to say goodbye to many wonderful pipes that have barely even had the chance to be broken in. Specialized labor ain't cheap and life doesn't always go as planned.

Sad :(

Savoring a delicious bowl of GH Dark Birdseye in a black Vauen bulldog as I take more photos of pipes to sell.

My upright bass fell over off its stand last week and got seriously damaged. So.. I'm having to say goodbye to many wonderful pipes that have barely even had the chance to be broken in. Specialized labor ain't cheap and life doesn't always go as planned.

Sad :(
Sorry to hear that about your bass. Can it be repaired?
I'm winding down after work with some Carter Hall in a Dr. Grabow Eldorado Zulu shaped briar. Went to the Senior Center this afternoon after work and got in some training for my new knee (3 months out). Then went to the library to check out some DVDs. Got a long weekend ahead with Friday off due to it being Good Friday.

Nearing the half way mark on this bowl of Mac Baren HH Burley Flake in a straight smooth dark brown 1918 Pre-Republic Peterson’s Dublin 2 apple with a silver band and a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem.
Peterson_PR_Dublin2_apple.jpg

Sorry to hear that about your bass. Can it be repaired?
I'm winding down after work with some Carter Hall in a Dr. Grabow Eldorado Zulu shaped briar. Went to the Senior Center this afternoon after work and got in some training for my new knee (3 months out). Then went to the library to check out some DVDs. Got a long weekend ahead with Friday off due to it being Good Friday.
Thanks for the condolences. Looks like it's salvageable, but it's going to need a major overhaul. It split in a few places, the fretboard will need to be replaned, the bass will need to be intonated again, and I'll need to replace two of the strings. A new set of strings is $200 alone, so this all is going to set me back a bit.

Now smoking year 2021 unreleased Sutliff Black Virginia flake in a late 80's, early 90s James Upshall P DS Tilshead England Made By Hand L185 Canadian with a silver band and a tapered black vulcanite stem. Getting set to watch the Braves-Padres game.
James Upshall P DS_L185 Canadian.jpg

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and sugar snap peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm almost finished smoking year 2012 Dan Tobacco Hamborger Veermaster in a smooth straight brown 1950 Dunhill 48 bulldog group 4 root briar with a black vulcanite fish tail saddle stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
Dunhill_1950_root-bulldog48.jpg

Finally made it to California. Long damn trip, several traffic james. Had some pizza for supper, now relaxing on the patio with some Hobbits Weed in a Pete Kinsdale and some Scotch. Folks we are staying with are good friends of my wife. Really nice people. He raises homing pigeons for racing. Has over 500. Bali, you would love it here. Pigeons, chickens, rabbit's, guinea pigs. Almost like a farm. Lol.

Finished work for the day, unloaded the dishwasher, fed Sleepy Suzy and Molly Danger, and then went outside to feed Daisy the Feral Princess and the ever hungry Tomato the Brave. I have a feeling Tomato was the one left a dead mouse at our back door a little earlier. I had an apple instead. Anyway, I'm not far from finishing this bowl of Wilke No. 515 Double Shot in a smooth dark medium bend 2021 Peterson Heritage Brown POTY 4AB No. 45/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. This is No. 515 with twice the rum of the Basil Rathbone blend.
4AB_Brown-left.jpg

Finally made it to California. Long damn trip, several traffic james. Had some pizza for supper, now relaxing on the patio with some Hobbits Weed in a Pete Kinsdale and some Scotch. Folks we are staying with are good friends of my wife. Really nice people. He raises homing pigeons for racing. Has over 500. Bali, you would love it here. Pigeons, chickens, rabbit's, guinea pigs. Almost like a farm. Lol.
Welcome to my home state!

PS -- Smoking Pipes & Mars Cigars have them in stock at about the same price; 4 Noggins is currently charging more.
Thanks for another good tip! I will order some. I am going to try to open up the stem some; just ordered some specialty bits from RawKrafted.com. Tools - Chheda Design - RawKrafted
This morning I am smoking my last bowl of Carter Hall in a Cayuga Rhodesian. Will start smoking some great blends that @Swede sent me to sample.

Good Morning!
Starting the day with Westminster in an Apple Diplomat along with coffee. It's a nice sunny 40° morning

Bali, you would love it here. Pigeons, chickens, rabbit's, guinea pigs. Almost like a farm. Lol.
SQUAB! They wouldn't like me, I'd be sizing things up for dinner!

Good morning,
Smoking a Pete Baker street with Velvet and a community coffee k-cup. The animals must have had a wild night here,The 2 squirrel feeders are down from their mounts and the bird feeders are down as well. They were all filled up yesterday,but theyre all empty now! I guess we had raccoons as they usually do the most damage. The winter was not very kind to us, I have to replace 10 stockade fence panels.They got damn expensive too! 650 dollars + tax is crazy!

Good morning BoBs. Enjoying some Urban Cowboy in the Don Carlos bent brandy with a K cup. The wife's friends are not big coffee drinkers, lol. Weather is pleasant, very peaceful out, just the sound of 500+ pigeons cooing, lol.

Attachments

• 20230407_072733.jpg
    20230407_072733.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230407_072714.jpg
    20230407_072714.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230407_072541.jpg
    20230407_072541.jpg
    6.3 MB · Views: 0