What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, I haven't used Dills yet; I've been using Long's. I'll buy some and try them. Thanks for the tip!
I'm going to try again with some tapered cleaners, but may pick up a set of needle files at Harbor Freight, if that doesn't work. At least the stem is vulcanite.

Half way through this bowl of early 2000s Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am almost half way through this bowl of 2023 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a 1999 smooth brown medium bend Peterson Sherlock Holmes Series Baskerville with a sterling silver band and black vulcanite p-lip stem. Picked another pipe this time to see how the new batch is. Dunno why I bothered since it's as good as always. Lavazza Perfetto, neat, is my drink.
Peterson Sherlock Holmes_Baskerville.jpg

Now smoking year 2015 John Aylesbury Sir John’s Flake Virginia in a straight smooth light brown 2020 Ryan Alden Ace of Spades squat bulldog with a spalted pecan top and ferrule that’s on the tapered black acrylic stem. Getting ready to clean a few pipes.
Ryan_Alden_BD_right.jpg

Back from the ranch. Cochise got some new shoes. Teddy got his pedicure, and Carole got to ride for an hour practicing dressage. Sneaking in a bowl before PT. Going full Brit on this one. Some of Zippos gifted Condor in a Comoys straight billiard and a big mug of Yorkshire tea on the side.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230402_102319_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230402_102319_Gallery.jpg
    959.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 20221105_105032.jpg
    20221105_105032.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am almost half way through this bowl of 2023 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a 1999 smooth brown medium bend Peterson Sherlock Holmes Series Baskerville with a sterling silver band and black vulcanite p-lip stem. Picked another pipe this time to see how the new batch is. Dunno why I bothered since it's as good as always. Lavazza Perfetto, neat, is my drink.
View attachment 8833
My pound just arrived at the door. Haven't tried it yet, but it smells divine.

How do you like DVC?
It's my favorite Virginia that's not a flake. It's easy on the tongue and has a nice sweetness. I got tired of opening straight Virginia flakes that smelt in the tin and tasted as a smoke like an aromatic, DVC doesn't and Broken Scotch Cake is also a good choice.

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, steelhead trout and snow peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm half way through this bowl of year 2013 Capstan Blue Ready Rubbed in a 2015 Ryan Alden quarter bend burgundy sandblasted Queen of Hearts freehand with a black acrylic saddle stem.
Ryan_Alden_QueenHearts.jpg