What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Starting off my smoking day with a bowl of early 2000s Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Noon chores are done and yesterday's pipes are clean. I waited for GH DVC to dry out before loading up a Rob Roy. DVC is probably my favorite Virginia, the casing has no scent and only adds neutral sweetness. Apparently the streaming process removes the nicotine punch but I can't say that I miss it!

A bit late on the morning posting: just too nice to come inside!!! 2008 Margate in a Cavicchi C. 4C SG thick-walled billiard. Followed up with 2008/2009 Charles Fairmorn's Balkan Slice in gently bent 2007 Brian Ruthenburg blasted pot with a half-saddle bowling ball stem. Rich, black Cafe du Monde/Pinon coffee mixture to accompany!! FTRPLT

I sawed off the funnel that's at the end of the shank of my MM Cobbit, glued it back in with epoxy, now I'm making the pipe mud to go in the bottom of the bowl 🙂 A guy at the pipe show told me that's the way these things are done. Nice guy actually, Oliver is the president of the International Pipe Smoker Lounge, they're on Facebook.
Is there a picture of the work on this Cobbit anywhere? Curious.

Been too busy to post until now. Smoking and reviewing KBV Meadow Lark in a medium bend fumed tan crackled year 2020 Ahmet Govem reverse calabash meerschaum with a military mount silver band and black acrylic stem. Watching the Braves-Mets game.
Ahmet Govem reverse calabash meer.jpg

Is there a picture of the work on this Cobbit anywhere? Curious.
Here you go:
1682975629632314677206245893429.jpg

Like I said, I've done a little work on the interior of the bowl:
168297576264147240587196909304.jpg

I also did that trick where you put a bunch of graphite on the tendon with a pencil to loosen the stem up a little. That's how I screwed up the shank in the first place, trying to take the thing apart so I could clean it using a regular pipe cleaner. 😋

Now I'm smoking Black Ambrosia in an AKB Sultan meerschaum.

Last edited:
Passing the quarter mark on this bowl of KBV Roman Soldier in a medium bend 2001 Ural lattice Rhodesian with a yellow with white swirls acrylic saddle stem. Working on a review of it as I watch the second Braves-Mets game today.
URAL_2001_Rhodesian.jpg

I'm smoking Stokkebye English Oriental Supreme in an Ed Graves brandy. I bought it from RNA Treasures because I liked the purple stem, but I went back to the table at the show because it wasn't stamped and I asked a a new guy where it came from. He took it, looked at it, and said, "I made it." Pretty cool.
1682983415472723523776966508360.jpg

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, steel head trout and green beans dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm a quarter of the way through this bowl of Watch City Old Dominion Flake 25th Anniversary in a late 50s, early 60s Comoy’s straight smooth dark brown Deluxe 20 billiard with a silver cap military mount and a tapered black vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Getting ready to clean a few pipes.
Comoy’s_Deluxe 20 billiard_50-60.jpg

Just finished a bowl of Sutliff match BSOSM gifted by Haebar. Think I said this before, but I will rehash. A decent tobacco in its own right, but not the BSOSM I remember from my college days. Of course my taste buds may have changed in the last 50 years, lol.
They may have changed in the last fifty years, but the Match doesn't match the version you were smoking although Russ Ouellette tried. Weak yenidje, subdued red Va., and lack of Macedonia are the reasons why. I still have some 1960s Sobranie that packs the depth and flavor punch that nobody has ever captured. Several over seas companies tried, but failed.

Last edited: