What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just closed up the chickens and turkeys now it's time for Drucquer Levant in a Pride along with a Woodchuck Hard Cider. We shopped for our Kentucky Derby get together today and I'm getting a headstart on my box of ciders!
What kind of fancy hat did you get? Or did you leave that up to the wife, lol.

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, orange roughy and green beans dinner with strawberries for dessert. I've a third of a bowl left of Seattle Pipe Club Down Yonder in a straight black 1963 Dunhill LB Shell 4S billiard with a tapered black vulcanite stem. I smoked the other Dunhill in this set earlier. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Dunhill_1963_LB_billiard.jpg

Dunhill_1963_Full_Case_Close.jpg

I was expecting more chocolate or cocoa or something, but it is sweet enough, a fine smoke, I can't complain.
Yeah GH does have a tobacco-forward take on aromatics (which I love) though I'm one of the folks who actually gets quite a pronounced cocoa flavor from BCF.

Maybe after smoking so much Dark Birdseye, any amount of added flavor seems like a lot.

Took out the trash, fed the ferals, and am part way through this bowl of Seattle Pipe Club Hogshead in a well appreciated medium bend, smooth brown pre-Republic Peterson 999 Dublin chubby Rhodesian with a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink. Watching an episode of Mike Hammer.
Peterson_PR_Rhodesian999.jpg

Half way through this bowl of aged Rattrays Hal O’ The Wynd in a straight smooth brown pre-WWII (Comoy’s) Corinthian De-Luxe 126 pot made for Sutliff in San Francisco with a black tapered vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Comoy's_Sutliff_CorinthianDe-Luxe_126 pot .jpg

Didn't sleep much, so I'm awake and watching The Woman in Green starring Rathbone and Bruce on one of the Stars channels. I've passed the first quarter of this bowl of Wilke No. 515 Double Shot in a smooth dark medium bend 2021 Peterson Heritage Brown POTY 4AB No. 45/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. This is No. 515 with twice the rum of the Basil Rathbone blend. I figured this is a very appropriate smoke. ;)
4AB_Brown-left.jpg

Close to finishing this bowl of 2021 Watch City Simply Orange Virginia in a black sandblast medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY 4AB No. 182/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Watching Dressed to Kill starring Rathbone and Bruce.
4AB_Sandblast_left.jpg