What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2022 Prince Albert (DR origin) with coffee in a new ebay catch Edward's Virgin 728 M Algerian briar pot shape. This a very light pipe, smokes nicely so far, and the grain is mighty pretty. The bowl is .90 ID and holds a lot of tobacco. It has an unusual bit with two holes at each side instead of a slot. I'm thinking this is a version of an orific button. If anyone knows what this is called and any other information, please post it.
20230515_071724.jpg
20230515_071310.jpg
20230515_071606.jpg

Trying some Rattray’s Marlin Flake for the first time in this Peterson Derry 408 Pot. This stuff reminds me of FVF slightly, but slightly creamier. I’m not even gonna lie, I’m 5 minutes into the bowl and this is the second new blend (to me) I’ve tried this week that has rocked my world. Can’t wait to sit down with more bowls over the next few weeks and really get to know this one more. Now I see why this stuff sells out so quickly
C2655DA8-1D7D-4E43-80BF-BC4A552863BC.jpeg

Good Morning!
Slept in until 9! Starting the day with GLP Charring Cross in a Pride along with the coffee my wife made me. I was planning to go right out and water but it still a bit chilly and windy to water in shorts. Garden organization is on the agenda for today.
You don't own any long pants? LOL.

2022 Prince Albert (DR origin) with coffee in a new ebay catch Edward's Virgin 728 M Algerian briar pot shape. This a very light pipe, smokes nicely so far, and the grain is mighty pretty. The bowl is .90 ID and holds a lot of tobacco. It has an unusual bit with two holes at each side instead of a slot. I'm thinking this is a version of an orific button. If anyone knows what this is called and any other information, please post it.
View attachment 9640View attachment 9642View attachment 9641

Years ago I bit through the stem of a pipe and took it to a local shop for repair; the repairman replaced it with a stem like that to prevent bite through.

ZfJfjH1l.jpg

Last edited:
Almost half way through this bowl of early 2000s Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Watching Mad Dog Russo.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Now smoking a bowl from a freshly opened tin of 2023 STG Escudo in an undated, unbranded straight lattice meerschaum military mount with a silver cap and tapered yellow acrylic stem. I'll be updating my review.
Unbranded MM meer.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, did a second set of walking reps under cloudy, misty skies, and have a quarter of a bowl left of 2023 STG Escudo in a 1980s White Pipe straight lattice apple meerschaum with an acrylic yellow cream colored saddle stem. Deciding on how I want the phrase the changes in the new Escudo for my review update. Going to do a total rewrite for the earlier versions, too.
WhitePipe_Apple80s.jpg