What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes I think there's truth to that. More catering to lowest common denominator.

That story last year about the NYU professor who was fired for making his class too hard was a real eye opener.

And worst of all in my experience was total uniformity in thinking. College was always described to me as an exploratory place that encouraged the free exchange of ideas, but by the time I got there, it seemed there was basically one acceptable way to think about everything.

Maybe I shouldn't extrapolate too much from my own anecdotal experience. But it stacks up with what I've been hearing the last few years.
I believe you hit the proverbial nail on the head. in my college days, some 50 years ago, we were encouraged to consider and challenge ideas in more than one particular vein. Especially in philosophy and psychology classes. it was the beginning of the think outside the box era. I think, unfortunately, that kind of open minded articulation has gone the way of the dodo.

Starting off my smoking day with a bowl of early 2000s Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Enjoyed a few slices of cinnamon raisin French toast, a Jethro Bodine size bowl of Raisin Bran, and a golden delicious apple lunch. I've just over a quarter of a bowl left of year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Lavazza Classico, neat, is my drink.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

Passing the quarter mark on this bowl of year 2016 Peter Stokkebye Luxury Navy Flake in a straight smooth brown post-1964 Parker Super Bruyere 88/F group 3 bulldog with a tapered black vulcanite stem.
1964on_Parker_SB_88_group 3 bulldog.jpg

Half way through this bowl of Erik Stokkebye 4th Generation Evening Flake in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson Ebony POTY 4AB No. 422/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem.
4AB_Ebony.jpg

Passing the quarter mark on this bowl of undated McCranies Red Flake in a straight smooth brown post-WWII Derby Natural Grain billiard (Sasieni) with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Time to clean a few pipes.
Derby_Natural_Grain_billiard.jpg

I got a lot of yard work done while puffing on GH DVC and Balkan Mixture. Now I'm back to DVC while I await a salad and pan seared yellowfin tuna. I think I earned a hard cider to go along with dinner!
I used to drink Angry Orchard hard cider but discovered it had more calories than beer and cost more, so gave it up for beer, lol.