What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just finished smoking Seattle Pipe Club Deception Pass plug in a smooth straight brown late 1930s Linkman’s Dr. Grabow Deluxe Bruyere 9703B pot with a nickel accent and a black tapered vulcanite stem.
Linkman's_Dr. Grabow_Deluxe9703B_pot.jpg

Passing the quarter mark on this bowl of Robert McConnell’s Ready Rubbed in a straight dark brownish sculpted 1960-70s Peterson meer poker with a factory replacement tapered black AB p-lip stem. Watching the Braves-Dodgers game.
Peterson_Meer_Poker.jpg

I blame the education system every time I worry about where the country is headed!
Totally agree. Half of the kids coming out of high school today can't write a coherent sentence or do basic math.

Not to mention, they bleed you dry for a college education that in today's world is more of a glorified day care center than an institute of higher learning.

As a younger man, I feel like the college education I got was a joke compared to the experience my parents described. And I paid probably 5x as much after inflation.

Relaxing after a wonderful salad and a couple of plates of freshly made lasagna with a small bowl of vanilla bean ice cream for dessert. I'm not far from finishing this bowl of KBV BFPB Beta Test in a 1986 three quarter bend Bacchus face CAO meer with a tapered dark tortoise shell colored acrylic stem. Writing beta notes while I watch the ball game.
CAO-Bacchus.jpg

Passing the quarter mark on this bowl of year 2014 Dunhill Flake in a straight smooth 1960 Dunhill DR 137 group 4 root briar canted dublin with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink. Getting ready to clean a few pipes.
Dunhill_Birthyear-right_side.jpg

I think that colleges have become all inclusive rather than selective and have had to lower the academic bar to accommodate the change.
Yes I think there's truth to that. More catering to lowest common denominator.

That story last year about the NYU professor who was fired for making his class too hard was a real eye opener.

And worst of all in my experience was total uniformity in thinking. College was always described to me as an exploratory place that encouraged the free exchange of ideas, but by the time I got there, it seemed there was basically one acceptable way to think about everything.

Maybe I shouldn't extrapolate too much from my own anecdotal experience. But it stacks up with what I've been hearing the last few years.

Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, fed Sleepy Suzy and Molly Danger, and am smoking Wilke Gentry Royal Blend No. 2 in a black sandblast quarter bend undated Briarcraft (Dr. Grabow made) Wimbledon 810 author with a tapered black vulcanite stem.
Briarcraft-Wimbledon810 author.jpg

A third of the way through this bowl of year 2014 Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match in a very much appreciated 1979 brown, slight bend grain etched flat front Stanwell Rego 969-48 (09) with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Fed three ferals, and made sure they didn't go after each others' food.
Stanwell Rego 969-48 (09).jpg

A third of the way through this bowl of Angler's Dream in a 2018 natural smooth medium bend Peterson 03 apple silver spigot military mount with a tapered black acrylic fish tail stem. This'll do it for me today.
Peterson03_Natural_Spigot_2Stems.jpg