What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good day all, first pipe of my day, McBaren Golden Blend ina aa old Viprati

old Viprati.jpg

27 degrees outside and snow dust blowing around so retreated to more temperate workshop at 43 degrees for a quick 20-minute half bowl of Dunhill Early Morning Pipe in a Comoy Prince. Been on a steady diet of Wilke and Country Squire for several weeks, so I'm going to do some different blends today. If the weather breaks I try to get out and take some pics of the winter wonderland.

FWIW...I fall into the "I prefer PS Proper English" over "Oriental Supreme." Something about the Black Cavendish & Mexican Burley just doesn't cut it for me; although I enjoy both in other blends. FTRPLT

Brunellos Benediction blend in a new unsmoked Vauen I scored from a gent in Serbia for $50. Same one on smokingpipes.com was $109.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-02-01-10-47-56.png
    Screenshot_2021-02-01-10-47-56.png
    793.2 KB · Views: 73
Brunellos Benediction blend in a new unsmoked Vauen I scored from a gent in Serbia for $50. Same one on smokingpipes.com was $109.
Nice score on the pipe. Was that a Buy Now or did you win the bid? Can't beat that for fifty bucks!

Just a reminder, Benediction is from a recipe by BriarPipeNYC, not one of my own creations. Haven't seen him on the forum for awhile now.

Afternoon smoke: Hamborger Veermaster in a Design Berlin Royal Star. Looks nice outside but the swirling eddies of snow were a bother. The baccy is from a tin I bought in 2017, but may have been older stock as there is none of the warning label crap to destroy the tin art.

BoB-dbsmall.PNG

Good night all, my pipe for this night, BBf by Samuel Gawith in an Ardor Terra

Ardor terra Rosa.jpg

Nice score on the pipe. Was that a Buy Now or did you win the bid? Can't beat that for fifty bucks!

Just a reminder, Benediction is from a recipe by BriarPipeNYC, not one of my own creations. Haven't seen him on the forum for awhile now.
It was a buy now but I offered $15 less and he took it. Same seller I got the Sav paneled bent billiard from for$40. Good guy, I have bought 5 pipes from him now and he is always amenable to offers, which I like because I hate bidding wars and his pipes have always been good as advertised. Plus bought them together so saved on shipping. Good deal.

Yea, I remember the blend was from BPNYC, but I did get it from you, lol. Will have to order some tobac to make my own.

Afternoon smoke: Hamborger Veermaster in a Design Berlin Royal Star. Looks nice outside but the swirling eddies of snow were a bother. The baccy is from a tin I bought in 2017, but may have been older stock as there is none of the warning label crap to destroy the tin art.

View attachment 658
Nice looking DB. Same problem I had last week sitting on the patio with snow blowing in my face.

60 degrees on the patio...time for a smoke! Hal O' The Wynd in a Radice Rind Bent Billiard; Haunted Bookshop in the Savinelli Matches 860 Tribute; SG Kendal Plug in a Castello 55 Old Antiquari KK.

0krYcdb.jpg

Cowboy coffee in a large Don Carlos 2 note bent. Dark roast on the side.
Omg, can't believe how cool and SLOW this blend smokes. The DC does have a pretty large bowl but not as big as some others and I just dumped the last ashes after over 2 hours. Had a couple of interruptions like letting the pups out to pee but a solid 2 hour smoke. Guess I should go have some breakfast now, lol.

Short smoke this time. Half bowl of Cherokee in a MM Mark Twain cob. Good stuff but agree with Brunello, needs just a bit more punch. Can't wait to try Choctaw.

My pipe for this night, McClelland´s Virginia nº24 in a Ardor

View attachment 667
I don't know that I would have gone for an azure blue stem, but damn, that's a gorgeous pipe! Also liked your other Ardor from the other day. Haven't really looked at that brand, how do they compare with Radice or Castello?

Trudging through the snow with the dog, my own blend called "Bacchus" in an Alpha Centurion.

I don't know that I would have gone for an azure blue stem, but damn, that's a gorgeous pipe! Also liked your other Ardor from the other day. Haven't really looked at that brand, how do they compare with Radice or Castello?
For me they are on a par with both, I have a few of them and another one ordered for next month.

I liked it with the blue mouthpiece, we did several tests.

Damiano Rovera and I are very good friends, he comes a lot on holidays to Mallorca and almost every day we say hello to each other by whastap. I tell him how I want the pipe and he makes it to my liking, and he shows me options of tinting colours, etc.

An Ardor never disappoints, at least it never has for me.