What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Passing the half way mark on this bowl of year 2013 Esoterica Tilbury in a 2002 smooth Rinaldo Silver Line 3 EGER 05 paneled horn with a silver band and a black acrylic stem. Unloaded the dishwasher, and fed Sleepy Suzy and Molly Danger.
Rinaldo Silver Line 3 EGER 05 paneled horn.jpg

A third of the way through this bowl of 2014 Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match in a smooth straight brown circa WW2 Trapwell mountain laurel patent apple with a nickel band and a black tapered vulcanite stem. I'll end the day with this smoke.
Trapwell_apple.jpg

Good Afternoon my friends and fellow BoBs. Definitely a change in the weather today, very overcast, with a chilly breeze. But it's not raining at least. Going to plug this Petersons Killarney XL90 with a good 3 pincher of London Eye. Then browse my Tobacconist online shop, and have a mooch about 😊. Have a great day my friends.
20230605_141859.jpg

Good morning everyone. About half way through a bowl of CS Rivendell in a Calabresi bent brandy with my 2nd mug of CR coffee. Got 3/4 done with the flag pole yesterday. Took almost 8 hours between digging a 2 foot hole, since the ground here is rocky as hell, repairing the 2 irrigation lines I managed to cut, and mixing and pouring 4 bags of concrete. I was so tired I didn't even feel like coming out to smoke. Now just have to cover the hole and rake back the gravel. I am still a bit achy from all the bending over. Couple of quail stopped by for early breakfast, lol.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230605_065717_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230605_065717_Gallery.jpg
    890.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20230605_070612_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230605_070612_Gallery.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
Good morning everyone. About half way through a bowl of CS Rivendell in a Calabresi bent brandy with my 2nd mug of CR coffee. Got 3/4 done with the flag pole yesterday. Took almost 8 hours between digging a 2 foot hole, since the ground here is rocky as hell, repairing the 2 irrigation lines I managed to cut, and mixing and pouring 4 bags of concrete. I was so tired I didn't even feel like coming out to smoke. Now just have to cover the hole and rake back the gravel. I am still a bit achy from all the bending over. Couple of quail stopped by for early breakfast, lol.
Saddles up for the ride over, with the intent of helping my mate Ranger raise Old Glory.

Plugging a GBD Fantasy 0397 with some glorious Rivendell. Going over to the Legion later this evening to meet up with some old mates for a friendly game of poker.View attachment 10073
Have fun. Just remember the old Kenny Rodgers admonition. You got to know when to hold em, know when to fold em. And never count your money while sitting at the table, lol.

Plugging a GBD Fantasy 0397 with some glorious Rivendell. Going over to the Legion later this evening to meet up with some old mates for a friendly game of poker.View attachment 10073
Love your pipes @Zippo, they always remind me of the ones I have at home.

I'm smoking the same Mark Twain meerschaum with a pinch of Stokkebye Norwegian and a pinch of the dark leaf Cavendish I made yesterday. The Norwegian comes through clearly as it's supposed to, and the mixture burns well. There's kind of a sour tart note that may not be ideal for Cavendish but I'm not complaining. It'll go well in a few more whole leaf blends I have lined up.

Not far from finishing this bowl of early 2000s Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

68° and sunny. Stanwell with new LNF. A fine smoke. 7.25/10. Forgot to post this morning. I don't know how folks smoke drier tobacco, which I know a lot of smokers prefer. This was just ever-so slightly too dry, and I knew it because I got hints of burning leaves, harsh type flavor. That dryish nuance is not good to me. By the old rule of "squeeze and if it springs back up," it was just that level of humidity, but I'm guessing just another 1 or 2% more moisture, and that note would be gone. I have a disc in the jar now.