What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A third of a bowl left of year 2015 Mac Baren Virginia #1 in a straight black 1925 Dunhill patent shell Canadian 33 with a tapered black vulcanite stem.
Dunhill_1925_Canadian.jpg

That's a lovely pipe!
Thanks. I inherited it and many other pipes when one of my best friends passed away from pancreatic cancer in 2010. I always think of him when I smoke one of his pipes. In this case, I told him he needed a Dunhill and he bought this one as an estate at my urging. I dedicated it to FVF because that's what he smoked in it.

I'm copying Charley and smoking MacBaren HH Pure Virginia Flake in a Meerschaum, but mine is the Missouri genre!
I find that Virginia doesn't go well with coffee, maybe it's the roast that I drink, have you noticed that? MB Virginia no 1 does fine, most blends are good with coffee.

We're going out to a posh steakhouse for dinner, me and the whole family. I want the car to smell like Wilke Peanut Butter if I can get people to go along with it 🙂

I find that Virginia doesn't go well with coffee, maybe it's the roast that I drink,
I enjoy coffee with both Virginia and English/Balkan blends but stay away from anything containing Burley, it makes me sneeze! I roast my coffee to about Full City which means stopping the roast before the second crack. At the second crack I find the beans get oil on the outside and have a tendency toward bitterness. Needless to say I'm not a Starbucks fan!

Not far from finishing this bowl of early 2000s Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Hard rains will wash out walking reps today. Watching Mad Dog Russo.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg