What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I enjoy coffee with both Virginia and English/Balkan blends but stay away from anything containing Burley, it makes me sneeze! I roast my coffee to about Full City which means stopping the roast before the second crack. At the second crack I find the beans get oil on the outside and have a tendency toward bitterness. Needless to say I'm not a Starbucks fan!
That's what I drink, Starbucks. We have a popcorn roaster that I've thought of roasting my own beans. I might give it a shot!

MB Bold Kentucky in a Hansectic horn.
20230614_114415.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am almost a third of the way through this bowl of year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Gold Star mmmMidnight, neat, is my drink on this chilly, rainy day.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

I find that Virginia doesn't go well with coffee, maybe it's the roast that I drink, have you noticed that? MB Virginia no 1 does fine, most blends are good with coffee.

We're going out to a posh steakhouse for dinner, me and the whole family. I want the car to smell like Wilke Peanut Butter if I can get people to go along with it 🙂
Where do you get the WPB Charley? does 4noggins have it? It sounds like its right down my alley being a nutter myself :LOL:

Where do you get the WPB Charley? does 4noggins have it? It sounds like its right down my alley being a nutter myself :LOL:
I got it from Wilke last week, out of Massachusetts. They've got some really good VaPers too, I got Lizzie Blood Red Virginia, Vice Cat, Back Bay, and Maple Plum Spice. I like the peanut butter, he's a nutter as well 🙂

We have a popcorn roaster that I've thought of roasting my own beans. I might give it a shot!
I've burnt out at least 3 dedicated coffee roasters and now use an Instant Omni with a rotisserie basket, 10 ounces at 440° for 20 minutes. There's plenty of people using air poppers, check the internet for quantity and time before you start the journey!

Nearing the half way mark on this bowl of Seattle Pipe Club Give Me Liberty in a straight smooth medium brown pre-1920 straight Marechal Ruchon & Cie. Royale apple with a sterling silver band and a tapered black vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Marechal Ruchon & Cie. Royale apple.jpg

Passing the half way mark on this bowl of Erik Stokkebye 4th Generation Evening Flake in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson Ebony POTY 4AB No. 422/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem.
4AB_Ebony.jpg

That's what I drink, Starbucks. We have a popcorn roaster that I've thought of roasting my own beans. I might give it a shot!
That might be the problem. I'm not a big fan of Starbucks. Find it somewhat bitter. If they have it where you are try some 8 o'clock Columbian Supreme. I find it much better than Starbucks.

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and green beans dinner with strawberries for dessert. Not far from finishing this bowl of year 2017 Esoterica Dorchester in a straight smooth brown 1920s KBB Rocky Briar 1582 patent no.298978 with a B in a circle bulldog with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Community Coffee, neat is my drink. Watching an episode of Nova.
KBB Kaywoodie_Rocky1582-bulldog.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, and am smoking year 2012 Anniversary Kake in a smooth medium bend 1980 Century 100 Year Old Briar (GBD second) natural chubby egg with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Paid $16.95 for it at my local Tinderbox, and it's been a very reliable smoker all these years.
Century (GBD).jpg