What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got back from a new Dentist,need some major work done ! looks like I will not be buying any new pipes for awhile.
Smoking a Corsica bull moose with MB 7 seas regular and the last of my coffee.

37° and sunny. Bright and brisk. Stanwell with Peretti Scottish Flake (thanks to a very generous BoB member...THANKS!). This stuff looks like a looser pressed McClelland #2035. It's just pretty to view. As the reviews say, it produces a dense smoke that is fun to watch float away. The red wine cure wasn't entirely clear in the flavor, at least to my wine ignorant palate, but I sense there is something there the more knowledgeable should try in their blending. I've been having trouble with my taste, but despite that, it had a rich, "dark", sweetish lingering flavor like I've found in Night Train. I'm at a loss as to how to describe it. I'll try better next time.

Urban Cowboy in a Pete K&P system B42. On my last mug of Costa Rican blend coffee. When this is gone will be time to head to the HwH ranch for turn outs and exercise. Gonna be a very warm but but windy day. Wild fire burning 4+ acres abiut 20 miles south of us.

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am passing the half way mark on this bowl of Erik Stokkebye 4th Generation Evening Flake in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson Ebony POTY 4AB No. 422/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Gold Star Kona Extra Fancy, neat, is my drink. Watching Mad Dog Russo.
4AB_Ebony.jpg

Just finished smoking year 2014 Dan Tobacco Hamborger Veermaster in a smooth straight brown 1950 Dunhill 48 bulldog group 4 root briar with a black vulcanite fish tail saddle stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Dunhill_1950_root-bulldog48.jpg

A quarter of the way through this bowl of year 2018 Esoterica Dunbar in a straight smooth, dark brown patent era 1952 Dunhill Bruyere ODA apple 806 B124 with a tapered black vulcanite stem.
Dunhill_1952Apple_ODA_Bruyere_806 B124.jpg

Urban Cowboy in a Pete K&P system B42. On my last mug of Costa Rican blend coffee. When this is gone will be time to head to the HwH ranch for turn outs and exercise. Gonna be a very warm but but windy day. Wild fire burning 4+ acres abiut 20 miles south of us.

I was thinking about that this morning Ranger, when I saw the morning news and weather. At that point it was 0% contained since they only discovered it last night. News said evacuations were being issued. Hope it doesn't get to the point of affecting you.

Had some MM Country Gentleman in a MM Charles Towne Cobbler after lunch.

Cheers,

RR

Smoking a new to me Bari modern. (kind of a bent scoop pipe). I have been searching for one of these for years to add to my Bari collection, CS Old toby and a bottle of Poland spring water.

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, grouper and sugar snap peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm not far from finishing this bowl of year 2018 Mac Baren Original Flake in a straight smooth dark brown 1918 Pre-Republic Peterson’s Dublin 2 apple with a silver band and a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Been cleaning estate pipes, and the Conrad Charatan Dublin. It was time to do that one.
Peterson_PR_Dublin2_apple.jpg

A third of the way through this bowl of 2021 Watch City Simply Orange Virginia in a black sandblast medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY 4AB No. 182/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. This is the first small batch test version, which will be the same as the final release. Watching the Braves-Dodgers game.
4AB_Sandblast_left.jpg