What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
15 years ago when they bypassed my femoral artery I was diagnosed with metabolic syndrome. I said yes to a statin and no to diabetes and blood pressure meds. I got a glucometer and blood pressure cuff. The glucometer made it clear that I couldn't eat bread and pastry so I gave them up and started meditating and everything came under control. My triglycerides only climb when I drink too much alcohol on a regular basis!
Does hard cider count as alcohol, lol.

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am smoking Wilke Vice Cat in a medium bend fumed tan crackled year 2020 Ahmet Govem reverse calabash meerschaum with a military mount silver band and black acrylic stem. Working on a review of this blend. The Braves-A's game is about to start, too.
Ahmet Govem reverse calabash meer.jpg

Back home from work and physical therapy and smoking some Carter Hall in an Ascorti billiard. Went to see my back doctor last Thursday and he said that I didn't have to go to physical therapy any longer. He said my posture has improved and the pain is pretty much gone. That's good news but I'm going to keep going to PT at least once a week so I don't go back to the way I was before.
Nording-and-Ascorti-billiards-005.jpg

Good morning gents. Up early for Ranger breakfast at 8. Almost half way through a bowl of Urban Cowboy in a Lorenzo Old Vic giant bent billiard and a mug of CR coffee. Have to leave in 45 minutes so sucking down both the pipe and coffee pretty fast. May have to DGT the Urban Cowboy for later.
I've take a statin, and thought it reduced my energy level. Now, I take some CoQ10 which
seems to help.

Did a second set of walking reps, and smoked a bowl of Wilke Vice Cat in a 2003 medium bent Ural meer with a lined and etched egg shaped bowl with a silver band and a pearl brown acrylic saddle stem. Putting the finishing touches on this four star blend review. A very engaging blend.
URAL_Etched_Egg.jpg

Now smoking year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

Appetizer smoke is GH Balkan Mixture in a Pride along with a hard cider. I only have the one or two a day as the AMA recommends until sporting events dissipates all admonitions!

CoQ10 which
seems to help.
I told my PCP about CoQ10 years ago, on my last visit he told me they now reccomend 200mg, which I was taking. I reminded him that I told him about it years before it was recommended!

Almost half way through the last of this tin of year 2014 Sutliff 1849 in a medium bend smooth dark brown 1968 Barling 5631 London England TVF billiard silver spigot with a tapered black vulcanite stem.
Barling_Spigot_1849.jpg

Haebar, consistent with my experience. Reviews say it is a higher quality Carter Hall. I didn't get that at all. Smoked a bit hot with some rough edges. IMHO not nearly as good as Carter Hall.
Sorry to hear that from both of you; of course it will likely be years before I get around to the one tub I have so it mellow a bit by then.

Anyway, switched gears today and went with Salty Dogs from 2016, two bowls in Country Gentlemen

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, one and a half pounds of steel head trout, and sugar snap peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm almost half way through this bowl of KBV Fore Glory! 2023 (Golf) beta in an undated, unbranded straight lattice meerschaum military mount with a silver cap and tapered yellow acrylic stem. Writing beta notes on this blend.
Unbranded MM meer.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am smoking Wilke Vice Cat in a medium bend fumed tan crackled year 2020 Ahmet Govem reverse calabash meerschaum with a military mount silver band and black acrylic stem. Working on a review of this blend. The Braves-A's game is about to start, too.
View attachment 9951
Jim, I was looking at the Wilke's website, I'd like to get their peanut butter and Lizzie blood red orange I think it's called. I gather you helped blend peanut butter. Are they all pretty good or is there something else I'm missing out on in their catalog?

I had Luxury Bullseye Flake in a Mastro Geppetto Rusticato, then MB Cherry Ambrosia in a Kirsten Designer.

Ranger, The bird bath was made of some type of resin, Poly something.LOL! I saw a Concrete one on Craigs list earlier, I went to see it (it needed a good cleaning!) I offered him 175 ,he wanted 200. He said no, So I walked!
So raccoons eat resin? Wow. EZ, check out Lowes. We were looking for another bird bath recently and Lowes had some nice concrete ones for under $100.