What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Up earlier today to get in breakfast, coffee and a bowl of PS Luxury Navy Flake in the Yello-Bole 2213B Honey Cured Briar before it gets really hot. I wanted to test the "new" pipe on a VaPer flake. It is doing well. Soon, I'll be out digging and tamping an area for a deck stair landing using the same old tools I used as a young man-a pry/tamper bar with flared chisel like end, post hole diggers and a shovel. I used to dig a lot of post holes this way before we got an auger post hole digger for the John Deere. It was a good workout.
20230729_064350.jpg

Good morning to all. Amphora Original in a Sav Hercules 606EX with a big mug of coffee. Only time for one bowl this morning. Heading out soon for Winslow to stand on the corner with my Legion Riders group. ABATE of AZ is hosting a Too Broke for Sturgis bike rally. Been going on since Thursday but I had too much to do here so just going over for one day. Have a great weekend guys.

Virginia Black Twist in a Bacchus meerschaum. Here's a pic of me topping our two tobacco plants this morning. The one you see here is Orinoco, a Virginia leaf.
View attachment 11685
That's cool you are growing your own. Interested to see how it tastes to you. They are cutting around here. One guy has 70 plus acres to cut. I may someday grow my own of some Oriental.

A quarter of the way through this bowl of early 2000s Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

I’m enjoying some Stonehaven I purchased on July 15, 2010 in a Stanwell “63” Buffalo sandblasted freehand. I must say that this Va/Bur blend is something special, especially with 13+ years of aging on it. Very complex with some real dark and nutty notes.

Happy Saturday all.

Passing the quarter mark on this bowl of C&D Warped Midsommar in a 1960s Austrian meerschaum bent apple with a tapered yellow stem. This crumble cake goes on sale August 2. It has 2019 bright Va., 2019 basma, 2018 izmir, and 2014 white burley. Working on a review of it.
Austrian_meer_apple.jpg

Enjoyed a tall stack of cinnamon raisin French toast with a sliced peach on the side. Now smoking C&D Warped Midsommar in a medium bend fumed tan crackled year 2020 Ahmet Govem reverse calabash meerschaum with a military mount silver band and black acrylic stem. Going to work before long.
Ahmet Govem reverse calabash meer.jpg

Smoking a Bari Wiking extra long Rhodesian, Larsen 1864 and a Mc Cafe k-cup. I had a good morning/afternoon, I got a LOT off of the honey do list. But now my back is telling me -your done! Earlier today, I placed a bid on 2 Kaywoodie pipes. A drinkless 09b and a 600 pipe.They both look great. I was busy and totally forgot about the auction on e-bay. I found an e-mail from hours ago telling me to pay up- I won them !