What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still working, and have passed the half way mark on this bowl of Watch City Queequeg’s Moby Dick Series in a slight bend smooth brown post WWII 1940s Sasieni Ivory 101 Westminster diplomat with a black vulcanite saddle stem.
1940s_Sasieni_Ivory101_Westminster_diplomat.jpg

Lost some work time dealing the Feral Cat Carousel a few hours back. Everybody except for Shy Stripesy was here even though it was raining lightly. I had to let Daisy the Feral Princess in to eat so she wouldn't bother Abner the Eager. Then, Tomato the Brave decided Abner shouldn't eat in his territory, so I had to let him in the house, too. Once I fed Abner, Sam the Scamp showed up. I picked him up, went inside the house and out the front door to feed Sam so nobody would bother him. Then, Daisy wanted out because she wanted chase Abner and Sam away (hardly the first time she's had that attitude), and had to block her from going out. She went back to the kitchen, and Tomato gave her the "You can wait until I finish eating, Miss Prima Donna" look, even though he had finished eating. I had to keep both inside until Abner and Sam ate or risk them getting chased off. I guess neither rain nor sleet nor snow will stop self-entitled ferals from their appointed rounds. :)

Good morning everybody. Its a typical cold and wet autumnal day today. But not to be outdone, I've decided to smoke one of my father's old pipes. I'm not sure who makes this one, the makers mark has long since become unreadable, the only thing I can make out now is briar 10?. But it has sterling silver atonement in the shape of flowers, and a cow. With silver cap. Regardless to all that, it still smokes extremely well. And so I'm going to load it with some Petersons Early Morning pipe and enjoy my first smoke of the day. Enjoy your day my friends 😊
20231121_130410.jpg

Good morning BoBs. A very crispy 28 this morning. Smoking my go to Urban Cowboy in a Sav Hercules 606EX bent with CR coffee. Will try to sneak in one more bowl but may not have time. Have to leave for PHX by 9. VA is making me get an audiology exam for tinnitus and hearing loss. I asked why I couldn't do it here and they said it had to be done within 5 days and no place here could get me in that soon. Stupid bureaucrats. So I have to drive 4 hours for a 1 hour exam. And they will probably turn down my claim anyway. Idiots. Later BoBs.

Not far from finishing this bowl of early 2000s Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Still raining, but three ferals were waiting for food, and I gave them extra. Watching Mad Dog Russo. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Good Morning!
A cold start to the day, 17°, but a pleasant 60° in the birdhouse! Starting off with GLP Lagonda in a bent MM Apple Diplomat along with a k-cup of Ethiopian Yirgacheffe coffee in a cup inspired by Jim's Ferals, Season 1.
View attachment 13781

Good morning BoBs. A very crispy 28 this morning. Smoking my go to Urban Cowboy in a Sav Hercules 606EX bent with CR coffee. Will try to sneak in one more bowl but may not have time. Have to leave for PHX by 9. VA is making me get an audiology exam for tinnitus and hearing loss. I asked why I couldn't do it here and they said it had to be done within 5 days and no place here could get me in that soon. Stupid bureaucrats. So I have to drive 4 hours for a 1 hour exam. And they will probably turn down my claim anyway. Idiots. Later BoBs.
Good luck ranger. I had one of those tests a few years ago as i have bad tinitus prob from years on the drilling rigs full noise. My tinitus sounds like if you ever have been in the bush with cicadas going full burl. My dad also has it bad being an x radio coms officer and he said to me the only time it stoped was when he got his double cochlear implants or hearing aids before he had that done.

Good Morning!
A cold start to the day, 17°, but a pleasant 60° in the birdhouse! Starting off with GLP Lagonda in a bent MM Apple Diplomat along with a k-cup of Ethiopian Yirgacheffe coffee in a cup inspired by Jim's Ferals, Season 1.
View attachment 13781
Wonderful mug-shot!

Well, it is now 3:24 pm. I am pleased to report that the day’s meetings are all nicely completed. Seeing that I am on PTO starting tomorrow, why not get ahead of the game I’m thinking. Makes absolutely perfect sense, right? A little straight-up Virginian sweetness to enliven this fine November afternoon.
thumbnail_IMG_1889.jpg

Sounds like military bureaucracy, no pun intended. Hurry up and wait. I hope it went well for you.