What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sat wrapped up on the porch with a mug of black coffee and smoked my usual bowl of Peterson's Early Morning Pipe in my GBD Medley churchwarden (Frankenstein---I added the long stem) awaiting the predicted snowstorm. Snow in Maryland is mild compared to the New England amounts I lived through most of my life. Happy New Year to everyone.

Not far from finishing this bowl of Wilke Wall Street in my old reliable straight grain brown medium bend 1986 smooth Peterson Kildare 999 Rhodesian with a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. This will do it for me today.
View attachment 14543

Abner the Eager and Sam the Scamp took turns chasing each other away from me during my second set of walks today with Abner doing most of that. Both got a little walking time with me. When I finishing walking, I let Abner in the house for a while to eat, and then he took a snooze by my side while Sam ate outside undisturbed. When Abner wanted go come outside, I let Sam in, and he did the same things Abner did before he wanted out. Daisy the Feral Princess spent most of the day and night sleeping on my studio chair which she is still doing.

Tomato the Brave finally showed up a little after four a.m. to eat, and I let him come inside and gave him plenty of wet and dry food. He’s still limping badly, but it doesn’t inhibit his ability to run or his big need for my attention, which he is definitely getting right now. He was extremely hungry, and is very happy to be with me. I wish I knew where he was all day. I fed Abner the Eager and Sam the Scamp separately. When Sam saw me, he ran as fast as he could, like a rabbit, to the front of house where I usually feed him. Abner was content to eat by the back door.

Around nine p.m., I was surprised by the appearance of a big dog on my deck. It ran when I came out of the house. I didn’t get a close look at it, but I suspect it belongs to Daisy and Tomato’s former “owners”, who had their back yard lights on. That’s been a recent regular occurrence. I imagine they let him out for a while, and if this has been an evening habit, it would explain why I’m not seeing any of the ferals during that time in the past week or so.
View attachment 14541
View attachment 14542
Your life with ferals and indoor cats sounds like mine. Good to see another cat lover on here. Those two pictures look just like two of mine. Happy New Year.

Good Morning!
Not as cold this morning as yesterday but I'll still be happier when spring arrives! Starting the day with GLP Westminster in an Apple Diplomat along with a fresh pour over cup of Columbian coffee. It's going to be a busy day doing errands in three different directions, home is going to feel like @Ranger107 favorite restaurants the In n' Out!
Think you're gonna have quite a wait for spring, lol.

A little late this morning. Slept in, then had to make coffee and fill the bird feeders. Finally got settled down with Cattle Drive in the Don Carlos bent dublin and CR coffee, but Charlie wanted to play fetch so there went another 20 minutes or so. He's finally settled down in my lap, lol. A crisp 33 on the patio this morning.

Good Afternoon my friends and fellow BoBs and a very Happy and Prosperous New year to you all.
Very late to the table today, but finally I'm visit free, and Mrs Z has got me back, and made me all comfy, into my smoking den. And after a while of choosing which pipe I was going to smoke (I swear I heard them all joshing "pick me pick me") I have settled on a Petersons Army XL21 with Sterling silver mount, from their Evening Series. Into this I will plug in a hefty amount of Christmas gifted Petersons Sherlock Holmes, and puff away whilst listening to Robinson Crusoe on Audible. Have a great day my friends and once again, Happy New year to you all. 😊
20240103_155406.jpg

A third of the way through this bowl of pre-2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Just fed Sleepy Suzy and Molly Danger.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Is it dislocated or inflamed?

Nice looking stem and a bit style that's unique! Does the bit improve the draw or distribute the smoke on the palate better than a regular slot or p-lip?
A tad more better draw, and definitely on the latter.

As for Tomato: I checked his paws and hip. No swelling anywhere. No cuts, no bruises. I wonder if he was kicked by somebody or perhaps that dog I saw the other night. He's still essentially his happy self, lots of energy, runs fast even though there's a limp, and has a great appetite. And even though he's always wanted to be close to me, he seems to want it more so when I see him. He doesn't act like he's in pain.

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am close to finishing this bowl of year 2021 Erik Stokkebye 4th Generation Evening Flake in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson Ebony POTY 4AB No. 422/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Lavazza Classico, neat, is my drink. Been very busy since lunch.
4AB_Ebony.jpg

Now smoking Ken Byron Ventures Mr. Christian’s Brown Flek 2021 in a 1984 smooth brown full bend Peterson Mark Twain military mount egg with a silver cap and tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Peterson_MarkTwain_Smooth.jpg

Tucking into a bowl of GH Balkan Mixture as I come up to the 70-hour mark of an extended fast. My body must be getting used to these -- haven't even found myself particularly hungry yet, so it looks like 100+ hours is in the cards for the first time. The only one eating around here today is Mama Squirrel:
PXL_20240104_002830007.jpgPXL_20231231_232607714.jpg

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, barramundi and sugar snap peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I've passed the first third of this bowl of year 2015 Mac Baren Virginia #1 in a pre-1923 smooth dark brown early Comoy’s Prior (Gros, Grenier, Ostero & Cie.) pot with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Time to clean a few pipes.
Prior_pot.jpg

A third of the way through this bowl of Watch City American Cut Plug Mixture in a year 2021 straight black sandblasted Peterson Ragaire 150 bulldog with a unmounted army mount tapered acrylic cumberland fish tail stem. I'd have posted sooner, but Abner the Eager came in and promptly laid on my lap for a short snooze. A batch of coffee from a freshly opened bag of Gold Star Nightwish is my drink.
Peterson_Ragaire_bulldog150 .jpg

Enjoyed a tasty Snap Dragon apple, and am smoking the last of Jim’s English in a full bend black pebble finish 2001 Rinaldo Lithos YY8 Titania Silver Line egg with a tapered black acrylic stem. I'll really miss this blend as it was totally made with difficult to afford African Virginias supplied by a friend. Incredibly deeply rich stuff.
Rinaldo Lithos YY8 Titania Silver Line egg.jpg