What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A quarter of the way through this bowl of Wilke No. 515 Double Shot in a smooth dark medium bend 2021 Peterson Heritage Brown POTY 4AB No. 45/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. This is No. 515 with twice the rum of the Basil Rathbone blend. Proofing and editing since I finished the first page of that Archie story.
4AB_Brown-left.jpg

Just over a quarter of a bowl left of pre-2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Watching the pilot movie for Ironside. The character was more crusty, acerbic, difficult, over bearing and kind of rude than he was in the regular series. I like this version better.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Trying the Old Professor in the Legend. What I would call a mellow English blend, Latakia is present but not overbearing, rough-cut. I cannot put my finger on the Oriental/Turkish in it...probably the smoother aspect of the smoke. If you have tried this, Jim, please add your assessment.

Attachments

• MM Legendary.jpg
    MM Legendary.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Nearing the last quarter of this bowl of year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

Thanks for the thoughts and well wishes guys. Carole is out of surgery and doing ok except for the pain of course. They put 3 pins in her left femur. Should heal okay but won't be riding for a while. No pipe today. 34 out and blowing snow. Still coming down. Maybe later if the wind dies.
I'm so happy to hear she's OK and on the mend, myself and Mrs Z will continue to hold both Carole and yourself in our thoughts

Thanks for the thoughts and well wishes guys. Carole is out of surgery and doing ok except for the pain of course. They put 3 pins in her left femur. Should heal okay but won't be riding for a while. No pipe today. 34 out and blowing snow. Still coming down. Maybe later if the wind dies.
@Ranger107 our family will keep Carole and you in our prayers. May she have a speedy recovery.

1 st I am happy to read that Ranger`s wife`s surgery was a success,you will both be in my prayers.
Somehow ,the bozo`s that did yesterdays electrical work screwed it up!
We woke to an electrical fire from the transformer on the pole in front of our house. We had everyone here ,but the marines! The fire dept was here in minutes to prevent damage. we had no power ,internet all morning. We just got everything back a few minutes ago.
Smoking a Savinelli 616 ks,stanwell vanilla,Peet`s dark roast.

Had some of my last Paradoxical in my Anton & Co. hardwood while I watched "I think we're Alone Now" with Elle Fanning and Peter Dinklage on Netflix. Not a bad post-catastrophe movie. Focuses on the psychology of loneliness and concepts of "alone".

Attachments

• Anton & Co. #02 Maple.jpg
    Anton & Co. #02 Maple.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Have had a busy day. Earlier, I did a set of walking reps, and smoked a bowl of year 2016 D&R Three Sails in an undated straight brush etched black Molina apple with a nickel band and a tapered black vulcanite stem. Lunch followed that smoke.
Molina_Apple.jpg

Then, I smoked a bowl of Ken Byron Ventures Jim’s Special Flake 2023 in a 1984 black rusticated full bend Peterson Mark Twain military mount egg with a silver cap and tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. I followed that with a bowl of Ken Byron Ventures Mr. Christian’s Brown Flek 2021 in a 1984 smooth brown full bend Peterson Mark Twain military mount egg with a silver cap and tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem.
Peterson_MarkTwain_Rusticated.jpg

Peterson_MarkTwain_Smooth.jpg

Then, I did another set of walking reps, and smoked a bowl of year 2015 D&R A.B. Rimboche in an undated slight bend, smooth flame grain Wessex Standard egg with a brown accent on the black vulcanite saddle stem.
Wessex_bent.jpg

Now, I'm near the first third of this bowl of year 2015 John Aylesbury Sir John’s Flake Virginia in a straight smooth light brown 2020 Ryan Alden Ace of Spades squat bulldog with a spalted pecan top and ferrule that’s attached to the tapered black acrylic stem.
Ryan_Alden_BD-left.jpg

Glad to hear good news, buddy.