What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Back from walking the dogs. Finally get to finish up the Cattle Drive I started almost 2 hours ago. With a nice hot mug of cowboy coffee. Taking wife some lunch in a bit as she just can't stomach the hospital food, then out to the ranch to check on the boys and ride Cochise for a while. Hope you all have a great day.

It`s a very deceiving day out there,it`s sunny and bright,no wind. So I thought I would go out and clean the 3 inches of snow off my car for work tonight- It`s damn cold! Even though I bundled up, I was freezing.
Smoking a Neerup bent brandy,MB 7 seas regular and a Horton`s k-cup. Now, I am kicking myself for agreeing to work the next 2 nights! LOL!

Time for a leisurely smoke before we head out to the pub for the evening, tonight being quiz night, which we both enjoy. So it's St. Bruno in an old Meershaum that use to belong to my Dad. Enjoy your day my friends.
20240117_140624.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and smoked a bowl of year 2014 Dan Tobacco Hamborger Veermaster in a smooth straight brown 1950 Dunhill 48 bulldog group 4 root briar with a black vulcanite fish tail saddle stem. Lavazza Classico, neat, is my drink.
Dunhill_1950_root-bulldog48.jpg

We've had 6 plus inches of snow and 1 degree F this am. Got out in the Jeep, and then had time for a bowl of 2022 KBV Verge Engine Overdrive in an MM General with forever stem, while brooming the snow off my truck. It was an excellent bowl. Go figure why I'd use the biggest cob I have on a 21 F day, but had plenty of layers on and lots of wool. I couldn't put it down-smoked the whole bowl.

Part way through this bowl of KBV B. Frog’s Western Trilogy in a 1980s White Pipe straight lattice apple meerschaum with an acrylic yellow cream colored saddle stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Working on a review of this blend.
WhitePipe_Apple80s.jpg

Ran errands today, picked up the freshly edged knives for my Mom. I napped shamelessly for four hours. Having a second breakfast of sorts, fresh coffee and a bowl of Mark Twain in the new Falcon meer. May go out to groom trail tomorrow - weather permitting, maybe even ski. The limiting factor for me on both is wind-chill rather than temperature.

Had a very typical day of back-and-forthing between GH Balkan Mixture and Dark Birdseye, in the Altinay rusticated tomato and squat tomato, respectively.

Took a break to have some Ennerdale, but anything with too much flavoring or too high a concentration of brighter VA invariably bothers my palate, so there are very few possible candidates for my all-day smokes. Luckily, my love affair with Balkan Mixture continues.. strong as ever.

1000000589.jpg1000000576.jpg

Last edited:
First chance for a second bowl today. Pre dinner smoke of Lancer Slices in a Pete Derry Rustic bent apple with an early glass of cabernet. Got the wife transferred from the hospital to the rehab facility, then out to the ranch, then back home to feed the pups. Had to go bitch at the rehab folks already. Took her over at 11 this morning. At 5 she called and said they hadn't gotten her pain meds yet. I was furious. Got in the car, went straight over and raised hell with the nurse and the admin in charge. Made it painfully clear to them that this kind of treatment was unacceptable and would not be tolerated or I would be kicking some ass. All in a polite and respectful manner of course. LOL. Good evening my friends.

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, snapper and sugar snap peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I've about a third of a bowl left of Seattle Pipe Club Hogshead in a well appreciated medium bend, smooth brown 1950s Peterson 999 Dublin chubby Rhodesian with a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Time to clean a few pipes.
Peterson_999_Rhodesian-Dublin.jpg

Now smoking year 2012 Rolando’s Own in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem.
Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg