What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Close to finishing this bowl of Pfeifen Huber Virginia Golden Flake in a 1938 smooth straight brown patent Dunhill R 115 bowling ball apple with a tapered cumberland stem.
Dunhill_1938_bowling-Left.jpg

Almost a third of the way through this bowl of Seattle Pipe Club Hogshead in a well appreciated medium bend, smooth brown 1950s Peterson 999 Dublin chubby Rhodesian with a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. Watching a Tim Holt western.
Peterson_999_Rhodesian-Dublin.jpg

Just finished smoking year 2015 John Aylesbury Sir John’s Flake Virginia in a straight smooth light brown 2020 Ryan Alden Ace of Spades squat bulldog with a spalted pecan top and ferrule that’s attached to the tapered black acrylic stem. Had a lot of feral drama. I'm going to eat an apple since everybody else ate.
Ryan_Alden_BD-left.jpg

Close to finishing this bowl of year 2014 Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match in a 2019 black rusticated Peterson 312 full bend billiard with a military mount and a nickel cap with a cumberland 4AB stem and a N.A.P. bit.
PetersonNAP.jpg

Once again, the bushy tail stripesy returned with Sam the Scamp. Even though they are friends, BTS wouldn’t eat while Sam ate even though I set out a plate for each. Finally, I picked up BS and set him by a dish, and they both ate for about five seconds. Sam got nervous and walked off until BTS finished eating. I tried to get a photo of me holding BTS, but the iPhone made him nervous. Eventually, I let Sam in so BTS could eat in peace.
There's more to the story which I'll relate in my next post.
BTS_Waits1.jpg

I'm smoking the Ryan Alden bulldog while BTS eats.
BTS_Close_Eats1.jpg

Sam watches.
Sam_Waits1.jpg

Sam eats.
Sam_Close_Eating0.jpg

Last smoke of the day is year 2016 Newminister 400 Superior Navy Flake in a straight smooth brown year 1948 Parker Super Bruyere patent 23 88/F bulldog with a tapered black vulcanite stem.
1948_Parker_patent 23 bulldog..jpg

As Paul Harvey used to say "Here's... the... rest... of the story."
Tomato the Brave kept his distance after I scolded him about wanting to chase Sam, who jumped on top of my chair for safety and attention. Abner the Eager showed up to eat, and have a snooze on the couch. In the meantime, Daisy the Feral Princess was watching behind a door probably wondering what was the matter with those bone heads. After everybody was settled, Daisy came up to me in her typical imperious way and looked at me thinking, “Now that you fed the serfs, feed me, you blockhead!” How could I refuse the Feral Princess?
TomatoWatches.jpg

Sam_ChairScratch.jpg

Daisy_Door2.jpg

Daisy the Imperial Feral Princess wants to know why those chowderheads ate before she did. I didn't have a good answer.
DaisyLooks_Me.jpg

Last edited:
Last smoke of the day is year 2016 Newminister 400 Superior Navy Flake in a straight smooth brown year 1948 Parker Super Bruyere patent 23 88/F bulldog with a tapered black vulcanite stem.
View attachment 15325

As Paul Harvey used to say "Here's... the... rest... of the story."
Tomato the Brave kept his distance after I scolded him about wanting to chase Sam, who jumped on top of my chair for safety and attention. Abner the Eager showed up to eat, and have a snooze on the couch. In the meantime, Daisy the Feral Princess was watching behind a door probably wondering what was the matter with those bone heads. After everybody was settled, Daisy came up to me in her typical imperious way and looked at me thinking, “Now that you fed the serfs, feed me, you blockhead!” How could I refuse the Feral Princess?
View attachment 15326
View attachment 15327
View attachment 15328
View attachment 15329
Damn you Jim I was kinda not a cat fan before all your posts :ROFLMAO: That Ranga cat is a Legend as all them are love em !👍

Damn you Jim I was kinda not a cat fan before all your posts :ROFLMAO: That Ranga cat is a Legend as all them are love em !👍
Some minutes later, Daisy and Tomato wanted back inside where it's warm. I called for Sam and Abner, but only Sam had returned. I held him, scratched him, and when he felt comfortable enough, I brought him some more food. Then, Abner returned to eat, and I had to comfort him, too. I let him in to spend the night. That's enough drama for today. It's after 6 a.m, and I'm going to bed.

Never really slept, so I'm passing the first quarter of this bowl of Wilke Lizzie Blood Virginia in a straight black with burgundy undertone sandblasted early 1960s Lane era Charatan 420 billiard with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Just fed Abner the Eager new-to-us dry food from Costco. He loved it. So did Daisy the Feral Princess.
Charatan_billiard_420.jpg

Good morning BoBs and a Happy Sunday, since it is Sunday, lol. Got chores done, doggies fed, made a 2nd pot of coffee. Now having a bowl from a new batch of Cattle Drive in the Don Carlos huge bent dublin. Made this with a bit less ODF than the last batch of Cattle Drive but more than Urban Cowboy. Not sure if I should just consider it a refined version of Cattle Drive or give it a new name. Could call it Sedalia Trail. Will wait for Zippo to report in, lol. Have a great day guys.

Good evening my friend, we have spent a few days at Mrs Zs Sisters. So not very much to report on the pipe smoking front, as she is totally anti smoking. And i have had very little opportunity to grab even the quickest of puffs. But we are away home soon, and I promise, that's about to change 😆.
I hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Starting off my smoking day with a bowl of pre-2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Ice water and berg is my drink. Watching a lecture about Harry Truman's view of fine art and meeting Picassso on C-Span 3.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg