What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good morning everyone. Had some hellatious winds last night, probably 50+ mph. Damaged both bird feeders and knocked over a couple of the wife's potted plants, big ones, like 5 gallon pots. Has died down enough to get out and have a bowl of CS Rivendell in a Butz Choquin magnum bent brandy with CR morning coffee. Fortunately got the doggies fed and out to do their business before the rain started. Just a drizzle now but predicted to rain all day. Warm enough but gray, overcast and gloomy. Zippo, hope you enjoy the Tumbleweed but if not, remember, it's your recipe, lol. Think I said this before, it's not Hobbits Weed, but it's a very worthy substitute. I personally like it almost as well as Hobbits Weed. Let me know if it suits you. Have a great day BoBs.

Zippo, hope you enjoy the Tumbleweed but if not, remember, it's your recipe, lol.
Dohhh
Now I know why it tasted like my version of HW. I forgot it was re-banded Tumbleweed...I'm an idiot 🤪.
Going to now fill a Savinelli Long John with some Erinmoor before Dinner. Then sit down in a darkened room so nobody can see the embarrassing look on my face
(shakes head) My recipe, Zip your a moron. 🥴

Dohhh
Now I know why it tasted like my version of HW. I forgot it was re-banded Tumbleweed...I'm an idiot 🤪.
Going to now fill a Savinelli Long John with some Erinmoor before Dinner. Then sit down in a darkened room so nobody can see the embarrassing look on my face
(shakes head) My recipe, Zip your a moron. 🥴
But did you like it?

Starting off my smoking day with a bowl of pre-2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

The Legend is curing in the oven after I installed a new mud floor. It was the first pipe I raised the bowl floor in and my recipe did not include sodium silicate. Adding sodium silicate gives the mud a harder, less permeable finish, something I found desireable for the "junk bucket" in the bowl beneath cob shanks. The original floor worked well but was eroding so I decided to refurbish it.

All that aside, I'm having my morning MT in my Cobbler, which has been successfully repaired using the afore-mentioned mud recipe. As always, Ovaltine Breakfast Blend on the side. I might as well say good evening because the gloomy weather has my internal clock almost completely reversed. I might as well be living above the tree-line.

I'll try to remember to get an image of the Legend's modification before I put it back in rotation. Have a good day, I know many of you are having similar seasonal weather issues. It cheers me to know I can always get in touch with someone here.

Attachments

• Cobbler.jpg
    Cobbler.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Passing the quarter mark of this bowl of Leavitt & Peirce D.P.E. in a 1986 three quarter bend Bacchus face CAO meer with a tapered dark tortoise shell colored acrylic stem. Gold Star Gourmet Blend, neat, is my drink.
CAO-Bacchus.jpg

Just about to load my Rattray's with some more MT. Thought I'd include images of the floor modifications I mentioned earlier. The Legend (new), the Cobbler (+/-2 weeks use), and my next smoke. I also lined the sides of the Cobbler's bowl to inhibit further deterioration from charring, it was a weak cob full of pith. You can see where the weakness runs through to the outside at the top of the image.

Attachments

• IMG_0198.JPG
    IMG_0198.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0200.JPG
    IMG_0200.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • Rattray's Dark Ale 107.jpg
    Rattray's Dark Ale 107.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, haddock and snow peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. Lost enough weight to have an off diet day tomorrow. I'm near the half way mark of this bowl of year 2016 Wessex Gold Brick in an undated straight black sandblasted Kevin Arthur brandy with a multi-colored accent on the white acrylic saddle stem. This pipe was originally owned by Sante “FishnBanjo” Guiliani. This tobacco greatly benefits from some age. The last of this bag of Gold Star Nightwish, neat, is my drink.
Kevin Arthur Brandy.jpg