What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jim, do you experience that the Dead Roots smoke better than the regular Dunhills you own?
Yes, but I kind of feel like that may be coincidence. The Dead Root designation refers to the quality of the grain more than it does quality of the briar, so maybe I'm just lucky. I must say I have seen a few regular root briars that had better grain than some Dead Root briars, but not often. Not sure how to explain that except to say that beauty may be in the eye of the pipe graders on certain days. Kind of reminds me of Charatan grading at times.

Last pioe for the night. NB HH Virginia in my Benchmade. Watching Svengoolie.
20240302_210339_compress58.jpg

Barred Rocks are a handsome looking bird too. You must have a bucolic little acreage, like English cottage country.
They're also generally gentle but we got them too late in the year to cull the extra males. I've raised broad breasted white and bronze, they grow fast and big, to big for my wife and to consume and they take alot of freezer space. I found a breed devoloped in the early fifties that were smaller but still meaty, we've been raising Midget Whites for about 5 years. They're smaller but the males can feed 8-10 people.

@Sid.Stavros Is your avatar a still image of Ernst Borgnine, from the 70's television version of "All Quiet on the Western Front"?

Yes, in the past i had the same pipe as he had in that movie.

Greetings from Athens-Greece.

WKW1tbZ.jpg

We have sun and 60 'F.

Passing the half way mark of this bowl of pre-2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Going to be another busy day.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

After an hour or so watching the mainstream media news, I gave up on them. Have a comment on that but it will have to go in the rubber room. So, settled on the patio with Urban Cowboy in my Don Carlos bent dublin with my 3rd mug of coffee. Watching the Tumbleweeds blowing up the hill, pushed by wind gusts of 35+.and a hawk soaring high above. Hope all my BoB friends will enjoy a fine Sunday.

I couldn't sleep so I did my taxes. I figured if I had to be miserable I might as well be completely miserable. There's nothing like preparing taxes to make the common man suspicious of government. About to start a bowl of MT in the Legend, no milk for my coffee today. It's a good thing it's after noon, less than 12 hours left of this sh*tty day. :(

Attachments

• MM Legend.jpg
    MM Legend.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Enjoyed a tall stack of cinnamon raisin French toast with unsalted peanuts and a golden delicious apple for lunch. I'm passing the half way mark of this bowl of year 2000 VaPer Three Nuns in a 1938 straight black grain relief Dunhill OX Shell bulldog with a silver band repair with a black vulcanite saddle stem. In the old days, I'd smoke five or six bowls of this a day. Lavazza Classico, neat, is my drink.
Dunhill_1938_left.jpg

I started feeling a bit weird at mass, I then realized that I never ate breakfast before I went to work this morning. I stopped for Pizza on the way home from the church. Smoking CS parson`s blend,Savinelli 616ks,Horton`s k-cup. Sunny 62 degrees here!

Now smoking year 2015 John Aylesbury Sir John’s Flake Virginia in a straight smooth light brown 2020 Ryan Alden Ace of Spades squat bulldog with a spalted pecan top and ferrule that’s attached to the tapered black acrylic stem.
Ryan_Alden_BD_right.jpg

Now smoking Ken Byron Ventures Jim’s Special Flake 2023 in a 1984 black rusticated full bend Peterson Mark Twain military mount egg with a silver cap and tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Peterson_MarkTwain_Rusticated.jpg

After starting a roasted chicken and noon chores I loaded a Pride with GLP Kensington and sat back while watching Joni Mitchell backed by an all star jazz band. I did some laundry and dusted and dry mopped the bedroom. Now I'm taking a break with GLP Abingdon in a Rob Roy along with a cup of coffee.

After an hour or so watching the mainstream media news, I gave up on them.
It seems that all news is 10% or less facts and the rest opinion and supposition. I try to tune in to two of the networks evening news programs, NBC and either CBS or ABC. If something is important or the coverage is too biased I'll search for more info.