What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DGT Steamworks in a Peterson rusticated standard system 302. Thought I'd capture some of the greens with the Irish pipe and anticipating St. Patty's Day.
View attachment 16484
Great image Swede, it gives me hope for next month. It'll be 3-4 weeks before we see similar signs of life here, mild winter or not.

I had to unclog my sink before I could make coffee this morning. Life is hard enough for me with one cat, Jim. I don't know how you do it.
I think I'll have some of my experimental blend in my little meer before I turn in. I hope I don't need to call the plumber tomorrow.
IMG_0217.JPG

Attachments

• SMS Tomato.JPG
    SMS Tomato.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Been too busy with various things to post smokes, but my last one of the day is 2017 Watch City Deluxe Crumb Cut in a 2016 Peretti's M.T. Natural made in Holland straight smooth brown Algerian briar billiard with a tapered black acrylic stem.
M.T. Natural.jpg

Tree cutters in the neighborhood are so loud that I couldn't sleep, so I got up, heated up four slices cinnamon raisin bread, and am now smoking pre-2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Sam the Scamp was waiting outside the door when I looked, so I let him come inside to eat, and he's by my side having a snooze.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Good morning, BoBs. Busy day for me, off to the course to shoot the schitt with the superintendent. Then off to my brother's to prep his '67 Plymouth Barracuda for World of Wheels. Taking along the Bones Dublin and H&H. Having H&H in my Legend with coffee while I catch up my mail etc. BBL.

Attachments

• MM Legend.jpg
    MM Legend.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • Bones Little Bent Dublin.JPG
    Bones Little Bent Dublin.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 0
Passing the quarter mark of the last of this tin of year 2013 Capstan Blue Ready Rubbed in a smooth brown medium bend 2002 straight grain Karl Erik Ekstravagant A dublin sitter with a small horn ferrule accent and black acrylic saddle stem. Wait until you see what I replace this blend with in my rotation. :) This will get me to an off diet lunch.
Karl_Erik_Eks.A_Dublin_sitter.jpg

Good morning gents. Finally getting around to a pipe. My own Tumbleweed in a Lorenzo Old Vic giant bent and morning coffee. Had to go get lab work for the cardiologist. He says I need an angiogram. Had to be fasting so no breakfast or even coffee. Got there at 8 and didn't get out till after 9. Longest its ever taken me to get blood drawn. And, the gal doing it wasn't very good. Had to poke me twice in different arms. What an ordeal.

Relaxing after an amazing four half pound cheeseburgers with mushrooms, a bowl of hand cut fries, and a thick third of a slice of a freshly made chocolate meringue pie with a Snap Dragon apple on the side. I've passed the half way mark of this bowl from a freshly opened tin of year 2001 Wessex Campaign Dark Flake in a smooth dark brown medium bend year 1924 Dunhill 136A double patent apple with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Lavazza Classico, neat, is my drink.
Dunhill_1924-Bent_apple_136A.jpg

Wessex-tin.jpg
Wessex_tobacco.jpg

Relaxing after an amazing four half pound cheeseburgers with mushrooms, a bowl of hand cut fries, and a thick third of a slice of a freshly made chocolate meringue pie with a Snap Dragon apple on the side. I've passed the half way mark of this bowl from a freshly opened tin of year 2001 Wessex Campaign Dark Flake in a smooth dark brown medium bend year 1924 Dunhill 136A double patent apple with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Lavazza Classico, neat, is my drink.
View attachment 16503
View attachment 16504View attachment 16505
Jim. I can emphasize with you. Since the end of December I've taken off 25 lbs. I was at 215, now 190 before leaving for NYC. Noon today I had my first burger with fries since Dec; Hard to eat sensibly here. Oh well, everyone needs a break.

Jim. I can emphasize with you. Since the end of December I've taken off 25 lbs. I was at 215, now 190 before leaving for NYC. Noon today I had my first burger with fries since Dec; Hard to eat sensibly here. Oh well, everyone needs a break.
Once a week, I go off my diet. I'm not trying to lose weight. I've done that. What I do is diet maintenance. That's harder than dieting in my opinion.

Once a week, I go off my diet. I'm not trying to lose weight. I've done that. What I do is diet maintenance. That's harder than dieting in my opinion.
When I hit 185, my weight when I joined the Air Force, I go on maintenance. My diet is Profile, and it's about sensible eating, portion size, balanced protein, starches, fats, etc. It's all about life style change.

With the P-Lip, it kinda depends on your tooth pattern!! I finally found that "sweet spot" between my uppers and lowers on the right side of my mouth!!! Left side is hopeless!! It does take some getting used to!! FWIW, FTRPLT
I have 3 Petersons, and two are fitted with the p-lip. I rarely smoke them, since I hate p-lip mouthpieces. Depending on how much you like the pipe, you can send it off to Boswell's in PA, and they'll make you a new mouthpiece. I just sent my old Kildare 264 Canadian off to them Saturday for a clean , ream, and general exam. Good luck with your efforts.

When I hit 185, my weight when I joined the Air Force, I go on maintenance. My diet is Profile, and it's about sensible eating, portion size, balanced protein, starches, fats, etc. It's all about life style change.
That's very true. I do all of that. On diet days, no bread, no pasta, no potatoes, no fattening desserts, etc. I eat a lot of vegetables and fruit, and dinners are the only time I eat meat (chicken or fish) during the day.