What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and sugar snap peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm a third of the way through this bowl of year 2014 Dunhill Flake in a straight smooth 1960 Dunhill DR 137 group 4 root briar canted dublin with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
Dunhill_Birthyear-Left.jpg

I used to sell Jobey when I worked in the pipe shop. I haven't seen one in years. Your amber stem sounds interesting - is it acrylic?

Back in the day Jobey was a fairly well-respected brand, at least in the circles I ran in. At one time I had several in the collection but have sold them off; still have two: a natural finish Safari, and a sandblast Safari given to me by a friend when he gave up the pipe. Good smokers both - unique shape, and both have the Jobey link which enabled one to replace just the tenor without replacing the whole stem.

XXKPZvHl.jpg

Passing the half way mark of this bowl of year 2010 Full Virginia Flake in a slight bend 1968 group 4S Dunhill Shell 475 cherrywood with a tapered black vulcanite stem.
Dunhill_1968Cherrywood_Shell_475_4S.jpg

Tomato the Brave was on m'lady's lap when he started playing with a hand towel.
TomatoTowel1.jpg

TomatoTowel4.jpg

TomatoTowel8.jpg

Did some low calorie snacking, and am smoking Watch City American Cut Plug Mixture in a smooth medium bend terracotta Peterson POY 2023 X160 464/1100 military mount egg with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Watching an episode of the long forgotten, but excellent TV show Sam Benedict.
Peterson_POY2023_X160.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, fed all the ferals, and am close to finishing this bowl of Watch City SEPC McClouxgaroux 2023 in a 1920s-30s Grant’s Pipe Shop Corinthian Deluxe 409 (made by Comoy’s) smooth brown medium bend bulldog with a tapered black vulcanite stem.
Grant’s_Pipe_Shop_CorinthianDeluxe_bulldog409.jpg

Here's a rare treat: Arthur Q. Bryan, the voice of Elmer Fudd, using that voice in a 1940 episode of The Grouch Club.

A third of the way through this bowl of year 2014 Uhle’s 00 in a 2015 straight smooth dark brown Peterson Irish Harp 150 bulldog with a silver band and a tapered acrylic cumberland fish tail stem. I should be able to end the day with this smoke.
Peterson_IrishHarp_150_Bulldog.jpg

Follow-up pipe of H&H in my MMBB. This is another pipe/blend combination I really enjoy, seems to mesh well.
About a quarter of a bowl left of year 2012 Anniversary Kake in a smooth medium bend 1980 Century 100 Year Old Briar (GBD second) natural chubby egg with a black vulcanite saddle stem.
View attachment 16625
There is a serious resemblance between these two pipes, the biggest difference is that mine has a chunky button. Yours is also about 25 years older, Jim.

Attachments

• MMBB.jpg
    MMBB.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Good morning BoBs. A happy Sunday and a happy St. Patrick's day to all. Enjoying CS Choctaw in a Lorenzo Old Vic giant smooth bent billiard and a big mug of CR coffee. Very quiet and peaceful on the mountain this morning. Just the cooing of the doves on the feeders. A pleasant 54 and sunny. Heading to the Legion this afternoon for corned beef and Irish stew. Wishing everyone a great day my friends.

Follow-up pipe of H&H in my MMBB. This is another pipe/blend combination I really enjoy, seems to mesh well.

There is a serious resemblance between these two pipes, the biggest difference is that mine has a chunky button. Yours is also about 25 years older, Jim.
I wish I had taken a photo of the Century pipe when I got it. It was very blonde, and like most blondes, it became a brunette. :)