What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Listing this a few minutes early: year 2016 Sutliff 507-C Slices in a black sandblast PSB medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY 4AB No. 228/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem.
4AB_PSB_left.jpg

That burley didn't last long, but left a great aftertaste. Now having a bowl of KBV 2022 Verge Engine Overdrive in a Peterson rusticated standard system 309 with p-lip and a glass of matcha. The matcha is supposed to have sustained release of caffeine with less peak and crash than coffee. I think it does that, and I'll need it for some outside work later in the day.
View attachment 16710
But does it taste like coffee?

A third of a bowl left of year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Sam the Scamp wanted outside, so we let her go. The babies are sound asleep.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

Having my first bowl of unreleased 2023 Sutliff English slab in a brown medium bend 2002 Ser Jacopo Delecta Fatta A Mano R1 sandblast Rhodesian with a smooth extension at the shank with a military mount and a tapered black acrylic stem. Trying to figure what all is in here and why it was rejected. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
View attachment 16713
View attachment 16714
View attachment 16715
That's an unusual brick of tobacco. I've never heard of a slab. Looks delicious and hope it is.

Nope, it has a bit of a grassy taste and some unusual tastes I can't really describe. I like it though. It's smooth and has a lot of antioxidants. My caffeine boost lasted until 6:30 pm.
@Swede Have you tried Mate, from Argentina?

Decided to light a bowl of MT in the Legend, I don't have a very receptive palate today. I won't likely buy Mark Twain or Casanova again, I seem to be drifting away from Aromatics. They're not bad, I just don't reach for them lately. I've been much more impressed with uncased blending tobaccos.

Attachments

• MM Legend.jpg
    MM Legend.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
First pipe of the day. Drove to Bismarck, ND and Veteran's Cemetary in Mandan (200 miles) for a brother Hooligan who passed away last week. Put my Service dress on, and glad I did, as I ended up doing the internment. I got home at 6 pm. Cold wind all day out of the NW. So I built a fire. Smoking Davidoff Scottish Mixture in my Brigham Apple. Cutty Sark my drink. Rest in Peace SMsgt. Roger Buckhaus.
20240319_193712.jpg

Smoking a Winslow Lovat with CS riverboat queen, Bottle of Poland spring water. I was looking around at cigarbid,Prices there are starting to get crazy for pipe tobaccos. I used to get most of my tobacco there, I don`t know what happened!
@EZONSLOW AlphaWarrior mentioned something about this recently in another thread, selling sites seem to fluctuate a lot with popularity. The jist of his post was that popular sites seem to attract speculators and then the deals dry up.

First pipe of the day. Drove to Bismarck, ND and Veteran's Cemetary in Mandan (200 miles) for a brother Hooligan who passed away last week. Put my Service dress on, and glad I did, as I ended up doing the internment. I got home at 6 pm. Cold wind all day out of the NW. So I built a fire. Smoking Davidoff Scottish Mixture in my Brigham Apple. Cutty Sark my drink. Rest in Peace SMsgt. Roger Buckhaus.View attachment 16721
It's a gorgeous pipe to commemorate a friend with, I am sorry to hear of your loss.

That's an unusual brick of tobacco. I've never heard of a slab. Looks delicious and hope it is.
The first bowl was okay. I think it'll improve with a few more bowls in the same pipe. Crumble cakes and plugs are always processed as slabs before cutting.

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, snapper and snow peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm near the last third of this bowl of year 2010 Full Virginia Flake in a straight 1968 Dunhill Shell bulldog with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink. Getting ready to clean a few pipes.
Dunhill_1968Bulldog.jpg

Now smoking Ken Byron Ventures Jim’s Special Flake 2023 in a 1984 black rusticated full bend Peterson Mark Twain military mount egg with a silver cap and tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. Didn't get to clean any pipes due to feral drama. At least we have have Sam and the babes where the cats can't bother them.
Peterson_MarkTwain_Rusticated.jpg