What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good morning BoBs. Just finished up a bowl of CS Choctaw in the Pete Pub. Now having a bowl of Zippos gifted Condor in a Pete Watson with a 2nd big mug of Costa Rican coffee. Couldn't post earlier while holding Augie in my lap. Bright and sunny but wind is coming up. Have a great day my friends.

Hello from Athens-Greece, we have sun here. The good news are that i manage to extract 99,99% from my pipe smoking pictures from that damned usb stick and now my archives are secured in another two places, a SD memory card and an external HDD.

HRrWbY7.jpg

Planta No1.

Hello from Athens-Greece, we have sun here. The good news are that i manage to extract 99,99% from my pictures from that damned usb stick and now my archives are secured in another two places, a SD memomy card and an external HDD.

HRrWbY7.jpg

Planta No1.
Glad to hear that Sid. It's terrible losing records of any sort to a computer.

I'm having some Casanova in my Falcon meer, then lunch. My back yard is under control. I started the Honda Rebel and ran it for 20 minutes after a winter stored. That bike is a peach, forgiving and reliable. I'll post a picture of it once I get it back on the road for the season. Still some housekeeping to do but after lunch.

Attachments

• Falcon Meer.JPG
    Falcon Meer.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Passing the half way mark of this bowl of pre-2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Thinking about doing a pipe theme today, but can't decide what it will be. All Comoy's, all Petes, all bulldogs, all Canadians ... soon, I'll take a day to break in some unsmoked by me estate pipes.Too many durn choices.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

I decided to smoke previously unsmoked by me estates today. I'm starting off with a bowl of first release Watch City Rhythm & Blues in a black rusticated medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY 4AB No. 67/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. This is the second 4AB rusticated that I have, but never could decide what to smoke in it until now. Need to take a better photo of it. Watching the Braves-Marlins game.
4AB_Rusticated_67.jpg

I did.
4AB_Rusticated_67.jpg

Last edited:
Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am smoking a bowl from a freshly opened one pound bag of year 2012 Dan Tobacco Treasures of Ireland: Limerick in a straight smooth dark brown year 1912 Hall & Fitzgerald cased HFB billiard with a tapered black vulcanite stem and orific bit. First time smoking this pipe. Gold Star Jamaican Estate Reserve, neat, is my drink. I'll smoke unsmoked by me estate pipes all day.
Hall&Fitzgerald_cased billiard.jpg

A quarter of the way through this bowl of Watch City American Cut Plug Mixture in a slight bend black sandblasted 1970s Pierluigi Perinielanidi brandy with a brown smooth briar and golden yellow acrylic half saddle stem. First time smoking this pipe. I waited a long time to decide on what to smoke in it. It was going to be this blend or WC Rhythm&Blues. I decided I had two Petes for this blend, so why not one from another company? Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Pierluigi_brandy_large.jpg

Yesterday the missus and I were in the Florence, KY area for a family get together. We stopped at Straus Tobacconist and I told her I'd be out in under 10 minutes. Half an hour later I came out and explained that I was chatting with the propriator. I asked about the "Independence" blend and learned that it has been discontinued due to the he unavailability of some of the blend's tobaccos. I did pick up some Arango Balkan Supreme which I am smoking in the Hardcastle's Crown bent billiard with saddle stem. It's beautiful out this evening.
20240123_150318.jpg

Didn't fire-up my pipes much this weekend with yard work starting. But tonight it's time. Smoking a well aged Stokkebye Luxury Twist Flake in my Barling 5635 EXEL TVF Sand blast full bent with taped vulcanite stem. I bought this pipe new in the early 70s. Dinner of roast beef & cabbage. My drink is Teeling Small Batch Irish Whiskey.
20240414_173047_compress56.jpg

Yesterday the missus and I were in the Florence, KY area for a family get together. We stopped at Straus Tobacconist and I told her I'd be out in under 10 minutes. Half an hour later I came out and explained that I was chatting with the propriator. I asked about the "Independence" blend and learned that it has been discontinued due to the he unavailability of some of the blend's tobaccos. I did pick up some Arango Balkan Supreme which I am smoking in the Hardcastle's Crown bent billiard with saddle stem. It's beautiful out this evening.
View attachment 17619
I am looking forward to trying the sleepy hollow m. Just learned about this company. I have had the Christmas weinislas

Finally I have a smoker, a Savinelli 616. Possibly the hardest pipe to break in I’ve had. 30-40 bowls it was still harsh. Last night I reluctantly lit it expecting more misery but what I got was a nice, mellow flavorful smoke clear down to the smoke hole. Praise the LordView attachment 17566
My new 320EX Trevi took a long time to break in, but now reliable.

View attachment 17619
That's a sad development on that great blend.

Enjoyed a much needed nap, and am relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and snow peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. Hope to go off diet in a couple of days. I'm continuing the first time smoke of old estate pipes theme with a bowl of year 2010 FVF in a straight smooth dark brown 1896 W.H. Newman, Ltd. billiard with a sterling silver band and a tapered yellow and orange stem with white swirls and an orific bit. Watching the Dodgers-Padres game. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
W.H. Newman_Case.jpg

W.H. Newman_Cased_set.jpg

I did a different thing on the bluff today by hunting arrowheads in a field that has not been tilled to expose a lot of soil in over ten years. This year it is fairly well tilled, and the rains would have washed alot of the dirt off flint pieces, then sunshine has made a nice crust to walk on and contrast with the usually nice gray color of the flint. I smoked a large bowl of KBV Brown Flek in an MM General with forever stem, while walking/hunting "heads". I found one good tool and an arrowhead with the lower part missing plus one small whitetail shed antler.
20240414_152136.jpg