What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Smoking some Erik Stokkebye Morning Blend in my 1957 Dunhill 252. Coffee with cream on the side. Heavenly combination
IMG_8979.jpeg

Good Afternoon my friends. Today I thought I'd start off with a hefty 3 pincher of G&H Summer Reserve in an Erik Nording great dane. I love everything about this pipe, the aesthetics, the superb polish, the way it sits snuggly in the hand, but above all, the awesome smoke it always delivers. I wish you all a great day my friends 😊
20230625_122818.jpg

Now smoking year 2018 Mac Baren Acadian Perique in a straight smooth brown 1933-36 KBB Yello-Bole Honey Cured Briar 2384 Acorn with a tapered yellow rock ambra stem.
View attachment 17718

I’m sorry to say that there’s not much good news today. Abner the Eager (who’s not neutered) very lightly sprayed the scampers playpen twice, so he’s not allowed inside now. Tomato the Brave’s bow tie collar is missing, and I greatly suspect his former owners took it off. They did that to him and Daisy the Feral Princess when they got a dog, knowing that would chase them away. Although the female of the home claimed that she didn’t know how it happened back then, she knew by the way I stared at her that I didn’t believe both cats lost their collars at the same time. They certainly couldn’t take them off as she suggested. I asked her back then, “Then why didn’t they take off their flea collars, too.” She said she didn’t know that either. Daisy doesn’t go out much any more, so the chances of them removing her collar is remote. But, Tomato… well, you get the message.
View attachment 17717
Owners abandoning their pets as you described sit at the top of my "$hit" list!!!!!! We have two (of the six kitties we have!!) Orange Tabby brothers whose owners just moved away and left them in an empty house!! Bless you and the Mrs. for taking care of the "ferals" as you do!! FTRPLT (AKA "Cat Daddy of six!!)

Last edited:
Owners abandoning their pets as you described sit at the top of my "$hit" list!!!!!! We have two (of the six kitties we have!!) Orange Tabby brothers whose owners just moved away and left them in an empty house!! Bless you and the Mrs. for taking care of the "ferals" as you do!! FTRPLT
Some people are just plain mean. Or stupid and irresponsible. Our little Augie was a puppy mill rescue. 8 years in a cage with no human interaction except when they took him out to breed. When we first got him we couldn't even pick him up. Took about 3 months before i could hold him in my lap. Now, after a year and a half he is much better and close to being a normal dog again. Just Don't understand how someone can mistreat animals.

Half way through this bowl of pre-2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Watching Mad Dog Russo.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Owners abandoning their pets as you described sit at the top of my "$hit" list!!!!!! We have two (of the six kitties we have!!) Orange Tabby brothers whose owners just moved away and left them in an empty house!! Bless you and the Mrs. for taking care of the "ferals" as you do!! FTRPLT
I had (he passed away 4 yrs ago) a pure breed Pembroke Welsh Corgi that I found in a non-kill shelter in 2017. Norman was 10 yrs old (we guessed) and had been abandoned. I adopted him and discovered his bad temper, thinking I might have to put him down. I got him to my vet and we discovered he had 8 broken teeth - some a-hole had chained him up and by the pattern of broken teeth he evidently tried to chew himself free. Well, 2 surgeries and some healing time later I had a happy, out-of-pain, Corgi. I found Norman shortly before my wife of 46 yrs passed away from cancer. I have often reflected that I saved Norman and gave him 5 good years, and he saved me after my wife died. People that abuse animal are on my #hit list, too. Not a day goes by that I don't think about Norman.
Norman.jpg

Afternoon all. Working at my desk before I move to the shop to make some repairs. Picked-up a tin of MB Black Ambrosia at a local smoke shop. I went in for pipe cleaners and it caught my attention. Never smoked this one before. I read some reviews, including Jim's, not sure I will like it since I prefer VaPers, especially Flakes. So we will see. I've been smoking my Barlings so have filled my 5225 EXEL TVF Shell Apple with tapered vulcanite bit. Purchased this pipe new when I worked in the pipe shop in the early 70s.
20240418_131803_compress72.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am near the half way mark of this bowl of year 2021 Erik Stokkebye 4th Generation Evening Flake in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson Ebony POTY 4AB No. 422/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Also enjoying the last of this bag of Gold Star Jamaican Estate Reserve, neat.
4AB_Ebony.jpg