What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally getting around to a pipe. Really late to the party today. Up at 5:30. Half cup of coffee, no time for a pipe. Had to be at the venue for the Drive in for Vets car shoe to help park cars at 6. Show didn't start till 9 but the entries for the show started showing up before 6:30. Had almost 400 entries. Hung around till almost noon the went to the ranch for a couple of hours. Finally got home and my riding buddy's wife came to get their dog Marty. After she left settled on the patio with a bowl of Round Up in the Lorenzo Old Vic giant billiard. Had a beer with the first half and bourbon with the 2nd half. Guess it's time for dinner, lol. See ya tomorrow BoBs.

That's a cool cob . What brand and name?
When I first started back with the pipe, it was out of stock. 2 years later it came back and has been in stock since. Looks good smokes great. It is a Lakeland workhorse. Love it.

https://corncobpipe.com/product/the-diamondback/
IMG_5444.png

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and sugar snap peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm close to finishing this bowl of year 2013 Capstan Gold in a straight black 1932 Dunhill R double patent shell pot with a vernon tenon and a tapered black vulcanite stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
Dunhill_1932_pot.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty snap dragon apple, and have a third of a bowl left of year 2018 Solani 633 in a straight 1954 patent Dunhill 148 Group 3 black shell bulldog made for the France market with a black saddle vulcanite stem. Going to work soon.
Dunhill_1954_Shell_Bulldog148.jpg

A third of a bowl left of Wilke Gentry Royal Blend No. 2 in a black sandblast quarter bend undated Briarcraft (Dr. Grabow made) Wimbledon 810 author with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Low calorie snacking follows this smoke. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Briarcraft-Wimbledon810 author.jpg

Now smoking year 2020 D&R Raccoon’s Delight in my very reliable smooth straight post-1938 pre-Republic Peterson Sterling Canadian 263 with a sterling silver band and a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. Working and listening to Vic & Sade from my radio collection.
Peterson_PR_Canadian_Sterling263.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty snap dragon apple, and am near the half way mark of this bowl of year 2021 Erik Stokkebye 4th Generation Evening Flake in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson Ebony POTY 4AB No. 422/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Finished the Betty and Veronica story, and will touch up the pages tomorrow. Just fed Sleepy Suzy and Molly Danger.
4AB_Ebony.jpg

A quarter of the way through my last smoke of the day: year 2014 Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match in a smooth straight brown circa WW2 Trapwell mountain laurel patent apple with a nickel band and a black tapered vulcanite stem.
Trapwell_apple.jpg

Almost a third of the way through this bowl of Wilke No. 72 in a pre-1974 dark brown straight Larus & Brother Co. Signature billiard with a nickel band and a tapered black vulcanite stem with the initials LCR on the top of the stem. This blend was smoked by Walter Cronkite. Working and listening to the Dodgers-Mets game.
View attachment 17793
How is that blend Jim? I was looking into getting some. I looked up his tobacco a couple years ago as I am a Cronkite fan. I love the image of him with his Peterson Lumberman P-lip standing in front of his desk.

Good morning,

I'm relatively new to pipes after a 20-year absence so I'm learning (and unlearning) a lot. From descriptions, I wanted to like Granger but it was causing me trouble no matter what I did, always hot and harsh. Yesterday I tried the little Savinelli balsa filter in an ancient cob and it has made a world of difference. Granger is tasty and enjoyable now. If I'd known about these filters back then I probably wouldn't have quit.

Last edited: