What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Busy day here.. McC's Blue Mountain in a Sasieni 4 Dot Prince.. Very nice smoking.. McC's Classic Samsun in a GBD Americana.. Big Smile..

I'm getting ready for a no-name afternoon. My favorite tobacconist's "Blend Four" in a beautiful, eighth-bent acorn with a diamond bit and a rich, mahogany-colored, smooth finish. It is, however, a pipe of unknown provenance and no maker's mark. I've had it for a while, and although it's my cheapest briar, it's also my favorite to just hold and look at, but this will be my first time smoking it. I've always been suspicious that the draw is too narrow, and now I'm going to find out.

THanks for the comments guys. I have no idea why but that pipe smokes FVF better than any I own - even other GBD New Era billiards.

Right now it's Abingdon in my Dunhill Shell bulldog.

Busy day with chores and smoking some King Salmon.. Coffee flowing now.. Had a bowl of Uhle's Black Stoker for my morning smoke in a Dr. Grabow Riviera Canadian.. Then some Dried out GLP Abingdon in a Brebbia Ascot Chubby Bulldog.. Great blend when its had some air time.. Also smoked a bowl of GLP Logonda in a Eagle Claw Meer.. Very enjoyable blend.. Now back to the smoker..

Dunbar in a Comoy's Collector before I have to go to work this evening

Evenin' gentlemen. Well aged Orlik Golden in a neat old silver banded Peterson 307 that I just picked up for a tener at a local flea market! It's hard to get past the p-lip but it DOES smoke like a dream :p

That acorn did have a narrow draw, but I guess it wasn't too narrow. A little more and it might have become inconvenient.

Right now, I'm going for another bout with a bowl of Standard Mixture Mellow in my Spitfire. Not sure whether I'm acquiring the taste for it, or if it's just stubbornness and masochism at work.

Coffee morning and cool. Heading out for chores with a bowl of Dan's Blue Note in a Fisener Meer Lined..

Enjoying some Germain's Best Brown in a partial bent Neerup.

I'm smoking Frog Morton Across the Pond for the first time so comments about the blend will be forth coming. I'm smoking it in a bent Castello Trade Mark. Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Kingfisher in a group 2 Dunnie Amber Root bulldog.

GLP Abingdon in a Save Auton #5. Then playing chess while smoking a bowl of McC's Blue Mountain in the same pipe..

Muddler":9y30jkut said:
Kingfisher in a group 2 Dunnie Amber Root bulldog.
I'd love to see that Amber Root Bulldog... Hint hint ;)

For me, PS luxury bullseye flake in a blasted Ser Jac billiard before work. This pipe smokes VApers so well it's ridiculous!

Just finished a bowl of first time smoked McC's Dark Star in my just arrived first time smoking CAO Bekler Persian Magistrate Meer.. Wonderful moment in smoking.. :cheers:

A friend sent me a sample of SG FVF, aged since 2008. I am half way through my first bowl and it is sublime! Smoking it in a JanPipes poker, and lovin' it!

Took a drive into town with a bowl of Erinmore Flake in a Sav Auto #5.. Very tasty..

velveteagle":jk5mpsze said:
Took a drive into town with a bowl of Erinmore Flake in a Sav Auto #5.. Very tasty..
I haven't smoked Erinmore in thirty years! I should give it a try again. I remember that it had a very distinctive aroma unlike any other.

Airborne":jm33muuw said:
velveteagle":jm33muuw said:
I haven't smoked Erinmore in thirty years! I should give it a try again. I remember that it had a very distinctive aroma unlike any other.
I have only good things to say about the Erinmore Flake.. I really enjoy the Pipe Mixture blend also.. Worth buying and also have some in the cellar.. One of my favorites.. Airborne.. :cheers:

3 year old Key Largo in a Savinelli "Virginia" 824KS waiting to get called for work

Cumberland in a long shanked Bjarne tomato on my lunch hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.