What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Late night / early morn...Dunbar in a Randy Wiley Bent Dublin. It's suppose to rain again tomorrow. I love to watch the smoke form in the Smoky Mountains. 8)

My first bowl of McClelland Red Cake in a churchwarden -- first impressions -- nice & mellow!

Seriously enjoying some 2006 Anniversary Kake in a Dunnie now. My conclusion: Better when wet!

My first bowl of this blend I dried out quite a bit and it seemed a little one dimensional. This bowl I packed moist and it really made the difference. Far more subtleties and way sweeter. This is good stuff!! I shall pick up a few tins in an upcoming order. :sunny:

Earleir today some Dominican Glory Maduro in a Sasieni beater, IMHO the best of the cigarish blends. Just now some Triple Play in a big Ardor Rocciata. I haven't posted in a while, I'm glad to see the pipesmoking world is still thriving. Peace-Mike :tongue:

Jazzman":ohaqzmnx said:
Earleir today some Dominican Glory Maduro in a Sasieni beater, IMHO the best of the cigarish blends. Just now some Triple Play in a big Ardor Rocciata. I haven't posted in a while, I'm glad to see the pipesmoking world is still thriving. Peace-Mike :tongue:
Hey, good to see ya! was wondering when you'd turn up...

I´ve been enjoying lots of blends today. GH BCF, GH BF, PS LTF, and just polished off some McB Acadian Perique.

All those abbreviations kind of look like code, lol.

I couldn't let summer go by without a single cigar, so I brought out a La Finca robusto for the occasion. I was a little surprised at what skills went by the wayside after more than half a year of no cigars and how many habits have changed since taking up the pipe. In some ways for the better I think, but not all. In any case, I had a good time of it, and that's the important part, no?

Earlier some DG Maduro in a Caminetto Egg, and just now some Triple Play in a Stanwell Volcano(see my avatar). Peace-Mike :p

This morning I opened up a a can of Frog Morton dated 2002. It was a dark mottled mess and smelled wonderful. The taste was even better. Sweet, spicy and smokey. Lots of underlying tones that my taste buds couldn't identify. I was a little surprised since Latakia doesn't age that much, but I may have to rethink that since this can was certainly darker and richer than the newer cans I smoked before. Two thumbs up.

Sav Lumberman with some Dunbar. I've got to place an order for more Dunbar.

s.ireland":66argsu6 said:
Muddler":66argsu6 said:
Brown Clunee in a Pete Mark Twain.
Hey, Muddler, how does Brown Clunee compare to Old Gowrie and HOTW?
I'll post up a review I did on Brown Clunee. It, together with Old Gowrie, Marlin Flake & HOTW are the Big 4 Rattray Va blends. In short, BC is an earthy, slightly sweet Va. Perhaps it is to OG what BBF is to FVF. Somewhat milder in flavour profile. I really like the stuff.

Right now it's FVF in a GBD New Era lovat.

Status
Not open for further replies.