What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying some Edward's Scottish Moor that I picked up yesterday in my trusty Doc G Savoy. Nice morning combo..

Nightcap, in a Castello. (Shape 19)
Earl Grey on the side.

McCranie's Red Ribbon in a Tinsky long shank pot.

Germain's Brown Flake in a Fieldstub Chubby Bullcap.. Sunshine peeking out on this windy cold day..

Some two year old OGS in this little bulldog. The best $4.99 I ever spent!

Some Key Largo in my ROC 68...sippin' some bourbon on the rocks...

Out to watch the sunset on Asylum Lake (a much nicer place than it sounds) with a flask of hot cider and rye, and some Blockade Runner in my leather-clad Savinelli bulldog.

Late night smoking. Some GLP TP in my Yakslon....what a great little pipe this is!

Harlock999":3bjhvm3t said:
Some two year old OGS in this little bulldog. The best $4.99 I ever spent!
Chris, I have some 10+ year-old OGS.. I'd like to send you some and see what you think of the blend with more age. I like it young and aged but it is quite different... Also, I recently scored a few old tins of Nightcap from the Murray's production... I've never tried Nightcap before and I'm excited. I know it's one of your regular smokes how well do you think it fares with age?

Right now I'm having some Marlin Flake in a group 3 Dunhill Liverpool

Sunny morning at 25.F getting out with a bowl of Dan's Blue Note in a IRC Dijon 1/8 bent Volcano..

s.ireland":w2czruw6 said:
Chris, I have some 10+ year-old OGS.. I'd like to send you some and see what you think of the blend with more age. I like it young and aged but it is quite different... Also, I recently scored a few old tins of Nightcap from the Murray's production... I've never tried Nightcap before and I'm excited. I know it's one of your regular smokes how well do you think it fares with age?

Right now I'm having some Marlin Flake in a group 3 Dunhill Liverpool
Thanks Shane, I appreciate the offer!
As for Nightcap, I wish I could talk from experience about how it ages, but I'll confess that the current incarnation is all I've tried so far. With the Lat forward profile of this blend, it seems the consensus opinion would be that there are limits to it's aging benefits, unlike straight VA's which seem to be able to mature for a longer time span. But I've also heard people wax poetic about very aged Sobranie, so, it can't be all that bad... 8)

This morning, London Mixture in a Castello. (#55!)
Baked beans and Earl Grey on the side.

Mac B. Golden Extra in one of my homemades.

'Home Mix' and tambolaka in a tavern clay -- nice combo on a raw drizzly Sunday!

McC's Blue Mountain in a Charatan's Make 483 DC.. Sunny and cold ..

Storm Front in a Doc G Omega...every time I smoke this stuff I wonder why we haven't tried to get John P knighted or sainted or something!

Had some EMP this am in my Pete 80S...comparing to C&D Good AM from yesterday. The EMP edges it out fer sure.

Got some VFV, nice and brittle, in my Bos swirl cranking as I braise some pork butt and fennel!

My keg kicked last week, and the distributor is out...poor me.

McCranie's Red Ribbon in a Tinsky Bulldog

Status
Not open for further replies.