What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fishnbanjo

Broken Pipe
Reaction score
Well the Tom Richards Morta arrived and I had a difficult time deciding what to smoke in it when I grabbed a tin of Troost and piled 2 slices into it, divine smoke indeed. The bowl is much more massive than it appears and it had moments when you could feel the heat but the smoke stayed cool and just backing off slightly cooled the bowl as well. This will be a great smoker and if you are looking to try a Morta make sure there is plenty of wood to bowl ratio.
banjo

8456805636_7e4dd89534_z.jpg

George Kaplan":49rt705a said:
Erimore Flake in the first pipe I ever smoked:
Looks exactly like my first pipe, which I bought in 1974! Speaking of firsts, I'm enjoying a new-to-me blend I got as a sample from G.K.: Dark Horse in a 1974 smooth straight French briar Hadley Apple. Paid a $1.99 for this pipe, the third I ever bought.

...currently...R. McConnell Special London...up next, St. Bruno Flake in an Ashton Soverign Apple... :cheers:

url=https://servimg.com/view/17600532/452]
ashton10.jpg
[/url]

...after dinner, 5 Brothers...and a final bowl of G&H Kendal Dark before bed.

With my pipe in long repose
Gently I my thoughts compose
the peace I find with briar in hand
only the few, and noble understand

St. James Flake in a 2002 full bend egg shaped meer.

FVF in a small 1982 three quarter bend meer with a smiling Turk's head.

Embarcadero in my new (estate) Stanwell 51M

A bowl of C&D's Kajun Kake in my GBD Canadian (with a perspex stem)
Zach

Onyx in a 1975 full bend black Dunhill Shell.

Hyde Park in my birding signature freehand. A few months on this one brings out the Lakeland!
d5ihJFQl.jpg

MacBaren VA #1 in no-name Danish freehand

Old Companion in a slight bend 1984 Stanwell Antique 124 grain etched with a smooth front.

Vintage 1971 Velvet in a medium bend sandblasted 2003 Stanwell Golden Danish 139.

P&W Nut Brown Burley in a 2003 matte finish Karl Erik freehand.

...early AM...G&H Kendal Dark...followed by, Sutliff R Blend...now, MacBaren HH Vintage Syrian in a Preben Holm freehand... :cheers:

url=https://servimg.com/view/17600532/453]
preben10.jpg
[/url]

...up next...SG Cob Plug...

“Pipe smoking is not a habit…but a way of life”… PeterD

1820 in my old full bent pot Wellpipe with a faux p-lip

Status
Not open for further replies.