What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Steven Books Irishman's 5 O'Clock in a 1949 medium bend Dunhill Shell.

Lighting up my first bowl from a sample of vintage 1978 MacBaren Symphony in a smooth three quarter bend 1979 made in Israel pipe. I've recently been smoking the current production of this and the taste of the new one is so tame in comparison. I'd almost swear it wasn't the same tobacco. This is deeper and spicier in taste and absolutely wonderful!

Couldn't sleep, so while awake, I decided to directly compare the 1978 MacBaren Symphony I had smoked before going to sleep with the current blend, which I'm now smoking in a straight 2012 Rekamepip made Sugar Barrel pipe. The recent vintage is very toned down as I noted earlier. The spice note is here, but toned down as is the sweetness. So ageing all these years has amped up those flavors into a real treat. I had the same experience with the vintage 1985 MacBaren Navy Flake, which I'm nearly out of. Same for the McCelland Navy Cavendish that I recently consumed. All three blends are spicer and sweeter with age.

Still going strong on FMATP...

Enjoyed it in my Kriswill outside under the stars.
23jan2.jpg

Starting the day with some Dunhill Royal Yacht in my new Dunhill Cumberland pot:

Dunhillgrp4CumberlandPot1.jpg

Getting ready for the Daytona 500 this afternoon :cheers:

...early AM...Drum shag...followed by G&H Kendal Dark...now, Dunhill Royal Yacht in a Radice rind Billiard... :cheers:

...up next, SG 1792 Flake... :cheers:

“My Passions are my Children/Grandkids, my Religion, my Music, my Pipes & Tobaccos…” PeterD

The current Three Nuns tinned version in a 2003 medium bend straight grain Viggo Nielsen sitter with a Cumberland-like stem.

Gonna light up a bowl of Blackwoods Flake in my new Growley pot when the race starts. Should last the whole race in this pipe !! :p

IMG_0516copy.jpg

Orlik Golden Sliced, sample from the St Louis Pipe Show Lane table in a Charatan's Make 148.

Having a hard time finding Orlik Golden Sliced local, I do like it so need to find a source....

Ennerdale Flake folded and stuffed into a Missouri Meerschaum Legend with a cup of San Fransisco Bay French Roast with a dash of cream while reading A Storm of Thrones. This is true blissful relaxation... my main reason for smoking a pipe. :D

Earl Grey.
Nightcap, in a Sea Rock G65 on the side. 8)

George Kaplan":o7380ewo said:
Dark Birdseye Flake, courtesy of JimInks.
What do you think of it? I'm smoking that right now.

Earlier, I smoked Burley Flake #3 in a 1990 Peterson Irish Second Oom Paul natural. Now, it's Dark Birdseye in an old Barling straight Exel 249 Fossil T.V.F. billiard with a silver band and military bit. And I'm trying to decide on my smoke line up for the evening since I have the day off.

Status
Not open for further replies.