What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dunbar in my old reliable 1986 smooth Peterson Kildare 999 Rhodesian.

Anni Kake in the Irving Cobb cob and twos cuppas of Khave, strong and black!

6136300413_5c28560263.jpg

Finally awake, went out and buried the new hose I put in the pond from the magnetic pump to the biological box that feeds the waterfall. Another cuppa of strong black Khave with the Michael Lindner Bulldog with the diamond shank Cumberland stem and Plum Cake.

8639586991_0410f06f87_c.jpg

...early AM...PA...followed by, Granger...now, Am. Spirit Perique Blend in a Savinelli rustic Long John... :cheers:

url=https://servimg.com/view/17600532/550]
savine26.jpg
[/url]

...up next...MacBaren London... :cheers:

“Pipe smoking is not a habit…but a way of life”… PeterD

Have started the day with some Orlik Golden Sliced in a BBB "Thornrycroft" shell finished Pot I got back in the early 70s. A nice spicy/sweet start to the day :p

Steven Books First Smoke of the Day in a medium bend straight grain 2000 Winslow C silver spigot.

PS Luxury Navy Flake in a 1998 smooth three quarter bend Peterson Limerick 69.

Went for our walkabout earlier and was with the Tsuge Tankard filled with Anni Kake, can't get enough of either the Tsuge or the Tobak haven't missed a day of smoking it (twice in the day a few times) since I unpacked it.

8625479534_896b5955d2_c.jpg

Marlin Flake in a smaller Charatan Canadian. This pipe is about a size 3 bowl (marked as a size 2), which is tiny for a Charatan. Works like a charm for this blend. 8)

Off to a meeting, which will be followed by some Luxury Bullseye Flake in a MM Country Gentleman!

Almost finished with MacBaren London Blend in a 2013 MM straight Legend. Not sure what's next.

Having my third pipe of the day, this one some of the new Orlik blended Dunhill London Mixture in a Charatan Relif Grained 30120 DC Camadian. Orlik's done a GREAT job of recapturing the taste and carachteritics of this blend! :p

Prairie Wind in a 1974 smooth straight French briar Hadley Apple.

Magnum Opus in a 2003 full bend big bowl egg shaped Lattice meer.

Plum Cake in the Fukashiro Smooth Dublin with bamboo shank and a big mug of hot cocoa.

8638457356_a7efa915ae_o.jpg

Finishing a pre=dinner bowl of London Mixture in an Edward's st. billard I got back in '76. Orlik's done a GREAT job with another classic Dunhill blend IMHO :p

Finished the last of a small sample of Smoked Burley after work today that BH once sent me, in my Pete Silver Spigot 307. Quite nice.

Tried to find out more about this blend, but it's no longer in production. Apparently it's one of John Patton's discontinued blends. Tastes like Burley with Latakia. May be some Turkish in there as well. Hard to say. All I know is that I enjoyed it, and it wasn't very heavy on the Latakia. Just enough to give it a slight smoky character.

I might just call up Rich at 4Nog and see if he has the components to blend some up for me. He's been known to do this if the qty ordered makes it worthwhile.

Cheers,

RR

Status
Not open for further replies.