What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Peterson Sunset Breeze.

Didn't see the cherry flavoring. Going to have to ream out this pipe..... :fpalm:

wow - what a Bacchus -never seen anything like that one before - I am envious! Enjoy! Damn nice pipe!

...early AM...SG Cob Plug...followed by my current bowl of Condor Long Cut in a L'Antra smooth Canadian... :cheers:

...up next...SG Turkish Blend... :cheers:

Life of a pipe smoker is a journey, not a destination…

Having some CBW in my Bridgehampton Pipe and a good strong coffee

Shortcut to Mushrooms in a straight 1979 MM Legend.

The current Three Nuns tinned version in a 2002 Caminetto J.N.C.C. Spool medium bend flat top and bottom with rustication in-between.

Enjoying the last of Uhle's "Bishop's Move," on the back porch -- it's a bit chilly -- with a cup of Stewart's Private Blend coffee. Leaving in a bit for the Chicago Pipe Show. I'm excited.

It's cold, grey and damp, a perfect "Balakan" day so wev'e loaded a bowl of Peretti's Royal Blend in a GBD Century sq.shanked pot I got back in the early 70s. Memories of 759 :twisted:

Mohawk River in a light brown 1979 rusticated medium bend Italian Sir Jeffrey Dublin sitter with a flared top and yellow stem.

2007 Robusto in a salvage project patent Comoy billiard that Jesse (Ocelot88 here) re-stemmed / did cosmetics on and Kyle pipe-mudded for me (has some nasty spiderwebbing inside).

The pipe smokes like a dream (Thanks, Jesse !).

The Robusto's a LOT tastier than I remember it being fresh when it first came out. Then, the Virginias, the Latakia and the cigar component were elbowing each other for prominence, which had my tongue worn out inside of the first few minutes each time I smoked it. After 5+ years to settle down and grow up, its components have melded together beautifully. The first adjective it calls to mind now is "sophisticated." Like Cary Grant was in the old movies. Smooth.

:face:

MacBaren Old Dark Fired in a Savinelli Nonparil. Which happens to be the only pipe I've dedicated to a specific blend. They work so well together I just can't break them up. :D

Royal Yacht in a cob. Enjoying the Summer weather that came out of nowhere this week.

Another bowl of Royal Blend, this one in a tanshell finished 420X Charatan Relief Grain sb. billiard. Still a "Balkan" sort of day! :twisted:

I needed a break, one more coffee and a pipe but I'm cleaning the man cave and like an idiot my pipes are inaccessible as is most of my open tins so it's going to be what I can grab w/o disturbing precarious things! Let's see, ah the venerable and tasty Kajun Kake and Oh, the Sixten Ivarsson bamboo shank Apple! So out the door I go and light it up.

30 minutes later............

I'm standing here leaning on the SL500 typing this with one finger on my Smartphone thinking "Lord, thank you for letting time stand still and please, before I die let me smoke this pipe, with this tobacco, because the road to heaven should be this sweet, amen"!

8557651525_9938c30094_c.jpg

Almost done smoking St. James Flake in a small slight bend black sandblast 2000 D.R. Ardor Urano Ninfea Fatta A Mano author with a silver band on the shank and stem. Dunno what's next. Hhhmmm....

On my way back to the man cave I grabbed another cuppa and saw the downstairs rack sitting there knowing I'd just replenished the tobacco jar with Plum Cake and being a man's man one must never forget ones first Ballerina so I plucked the Eltang Ballerina and gave her a good serving of Plum cake for dessert and out to the SL500 we danced.........

8489676473_229ca02875_b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.