What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dark Star in a Peterson Irish Seconds Canadian. Black Peet's coffee on the side

It is a lovely 73 degree on my back porch. The smells of spring are in the air. Flowering trees all around and I'm not allergic. Enjoying Uhle's "Bishop Move," in my Dunhill Lovet 1969. Different light makes quite a difference on the finish of this Dunhill. Inside light, its a nice deep brown. Sunlight dramatically brings out the grain and the warm reds. I'm trying a different packing technique I read about in G. L. Pease's "Ask G. L. Pease". It seems to be working out well. Sipping Stewart's Private Blend coffee. Life is good.

It's a warm/stormy "Balkan" sort of morning so have lit up a bowl of some of the "new" Orlik/Dunhill London Mixture in my GBD "Century" st. bulldog w/ sb that I bought when I got back from 'Nam in 1970 at the PX at the base in San Diego. It's a grp 2 or small 3 sized pipe that has been a good faithfull friend all these years ! :p

Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 1982 black sandblasted paneled slight bend Savinelli flat bottom sitter.

65 + y/o rehydrated Three Nuns in the Boswell Churchwarden.

8403099616_dfd3342586_b.jpg

While I was gone, I smoked Bayou Night in a 1979 medium bend etch relief meerschaum lined TinderBox Arabesque. Now, I'm getting near the end of this bowl of St. James Flake in a 2002 full bend egg shaped meer.

Can't seem to keep my mitts off the Sherlock Holmes VR Club blend. Had it today in my Pete Silver Spigot System 307, and it smouldered quietly for at least 45 min!

Really am liking this Pete System design. If I get a stray bit of 'baccy in the draw hole I can remove the stem and poke a pipe cleaner down the shank and re-assemble the stem without any worry of damaging the tenon.

Of course I do much the same thing on non-system pipes without removing the stem, but some of the bents I have make this a little difficult.

Right now on to some P&W Churchill in my Mastro Poker. Great after supper bowl.

Next up is some 2015 which go into a dedicated Stanny Legend 19.

:drunken:

Cheers,

RR

...final pipe of the day...SG Turkish Blend in a Savinelli rustic Ontario Canadian...

url=https://servimg.com/view/17600532/579]
savine17.jpg
[/url]

"IF YOU CAN'T SEND MONEY, SEND TOBACCO."
-GEORGE WASHINGTON TO THE CONTINENTAL CONGRESS, 1776

My usual after dinner 'bac, Royal Yacht in my Bachuss meer I got last year! I gotta color this thing for I die :twisted:

Having some Lanes BL/WB in my Savinelli 619EX Pipe

Nightcap in a Charatan blasted bent bulldog.
Earl Grey on the side.

Virginia Spice in a straight Lane era Charatan black with burgundy undertone sandblasted billiard 420.

Another bowl of the of the only tobacco I have purchased that practically refuses to burn. Dark Star in a Peterson Irish Seconds. I need to find religion because one needs the patience of a Saint to smoke this stuff. :x

Half way through a bowl of Magnum Opus in a black pebble finish straight 2003 Cavicchi C. Fatto A Mano nose warmer.

Irish Flake in a Castello Trademark straight billiard.

Status
Not open for further replies.