What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 1982 black sandblasted paneled slight bend Savinelli flat bottom sitter, you mugs!

Exotique in an Askwith morta bulldog.
English breakfast tea on the side.

Dunbar in a 2004 smooth long stem Canadian Trever Talbot Ligne Bretagne Faite en Bretagne 4/3.

HU Edward G. in a 1982 smooth medium bend straight grain Ben Wade Martinique freehand sitter with a wide top.

St. James Flake in a small slight bend black sandblast 2000 D.R. Ardor Urano Ninfea Fatta A Mano author with a silver spigot military bit.

Wessex BS in a Mario Grande
DSC01332.jpg

...final pipe of the day...R. McConnell Special London in a Savinelli "Sitting" blast Canadian...:cheers: 

“THEY MADE US MANY PROMISES, MORE THAN I CAN REMEMBER, BUT THEY NEVER KEPT BUT ONE; THEY PROMISED TO TAKE OUR LAND, AND THEY TOOK IT.”
CHIEF RED CLOUD

Edgeworth Slices in a 1984 medium bend black grain etched Savinelli Non Pareil 9310 poker with a horn ferrule.

Virginia Spice in a 1979 brown grain etched Lane Era Charatan's Make medium bend saddle stem calabash shape 483DC.

Granger in a 2002 medium bend rusticated Stanwell Golden Danish 139.

A few minutes away from smoking G&H Rum Flake in a 2013 bent MM Missouri Pride Legend.

MacBaren Plum Cake in a 1975 medium bend sandblasted looking, smooth on the sides yellow Pioneer meer.

Bosun Cut Plug in a Sandblast Savinelli billiard.

AJ

...early AM...PA...followed by Paladin...now, TN Flying Dutchman (1972) in a Cavicchi smooth Canadian...:cheers: 

...up next...HOW Revelation...:cheers: 

“Well, it keeps my hands busy, and my mouth shut.”
-Exile

Aj,'s Very Special Blend in a Comoy Grand Slam with a pencil shank.

Very out of character for me was purchasing the Negotia Atelier Stack with the egg like bulge since it is 3" at the bowl which holds way more tobacco than the Tsuge Tankard which holds a charge load. I also hardly ever break in a new pipe with a tobacco I have never tried but since it got rave reviews as was the winner in 2011 at the Chicago Tobacco Challenge I figured why not give it a go so I loaded the Atelier with H&H Black House and Levi and I went for walkabout. We made 5 rounds and the pipe smoked very well and the tobacco was surprisingly well behaved and the first hint of a gurgle arose at the 1 hour mark and a quick run of a pipe cleaner set it right. I don't have a lot of experience with stacks and know loading, and smoking, them can be a challenge but dumb luck was with me as it worked just great for me, the pipe is now smoked after languishing in someone's collection for a decade and I am all the happier for it and the 57 F temp coupled with low humidity made Levi and I very happy indeed.

9314355590_8ae28f3cd4.jpg

Escudo in my 1st attempt at pipe carving. Hey! not great but it smokes well.

Bluereworked2.jpg

Damn nice pipe Cartaphilus.  If that is your first attempt...you should be proud!

Status
Not open for further replies.