What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just home from work,Devil's Holiday in a CAO meer.Tasty tobacco!

CAOMeer.jpg

Winslow :sunny:

Winslow":a3ij86q6 said:
Just home from work,Devil's Holiday in a CAO meer.Tasty tobacco!

CAOMeer.jpg

Winslow :sunny:
Nice pipe Winslow!!!

Been smoking Walnut today in a Kaywoodie Thorn billiard.

I'm considering smoking some Dark Star in a cob! I've been loving cobs lately.

Good Morning All,

Penzance in a Brigham president.

Cold brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

:) Paul

Started the day off very early this morning with a nice bowl of Walnut in a Don Carlos 2 Note bent dublin. No more until later this afternoon after my doctor appointment.

LGF in a Tsuge Dublin. Later, I have a date with some SH Krumble Kake in a Russ Cook Rhodesian.

Saturday smoked several bowls of Sugar Barrel (thanks JP) in my Kaywoodie billiard.
Sunday, several bowls of Rum & Maple in my Kaywoodie Bent Apple (Thanks x2 JP)
:pipe: on Bros.

Worked night shift last night. First some Frog Morton in a Tsuge horn then later some of my son's special blend in a Big Ben Barbados.

Finished the day's smoking with Walnut in a Stanwell Majestic freehand dublin. What a wonderful smoking pipe complimented by the perfect tobacco!

Justpipes":t734szu1 said:
Finished the day's smoking with Walnut in a Stanwell Majestic freehand dublin. What a wonderful smoking pipe complimented by the perfect tobacco!

You're a lucky man to have found "THE" tobacco,,,,

I'm finishing the evening with a bowl of Autumn Evening in a T.C. Fuller freehand,,,,mug of cider with a splash of Everclear,,,,

Well.. Thought I was grabbing the mason jar with the Bishops Move baggie in it.. Nope :(

I grabbed the mason jar containing the Nut Brown Burley and Golden Extra samples....

Nut Brown Burley is a very good smoke for a straight burley.. But ya know what? I think I like the Golden Extra just a bit better... It has just a small hint of Honey or Molassass..not enough to even really classify it as 'Topped' definitely no where near enough to call it 'Sauced'...

Nut Brown burns a little better than Golden Extra, but that's probably just a function of the cut.. Nut Brown is Cubed.. Golden Extra is what I'd call broken flake or ready rubbed..

One thing going for Nut brown is that is actually developed some kind of sweetness towards the last quarter of the bowl.. I didn't think Burleys 'developed'..at first I thought it was cross over, but if that was the case you'd think the Golden Extra would have picked it up also as they were smoked in the same pipe.

I was upset when I realized I'd picked up these tobacco's.. Not so much now, I'm glad I did, pretty neat to get to compare tobacs like that.

GL Pease Blackpoint in a white moustache Caminetto (1st year of those. 1983 ?) Right tasty combination.

:face:

Well, after a rough couple o' days I'm up and about again. I had a reaction to the anaesthesia and pain meds and was flat on my back saturday and sunday. I was in much more distress from the side effects than the surgery itself, the anaesthesia and meds creating some serious havoc with my system. That has passed now and I'm just concentrating on moving the shoulder so it won't freeze up and working through this with little medication, which is just fine with me after all that nonsense. Been walking about a little and smoking some. Just finished a nice bowl of Heinrich's special curlies in a Stanwell Reg'd billiard 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.