What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Islander":qnptf6uq said:
PuffDaddy - keep that shoulder moving as the doc recommends.
Oh yeah, been doing that. As of yesterday morning I decided to hell with the painkillers, they're more trouble than they're worth and I'm rollin down the constant pain highway. It's been interesting, you build a threshold for the pain and it becomes simply a part of you - not frustrating like when unexpected pain surfaces in spite of taking the meds. Because of it I've been actually doing a bit more (in terms of reps and duration) of the exercises because it seems to dull the ache a bit, and the shoulder is really loosening up nicely. Much better I think than if I were medicating and babying it and worrying about every ache and pain that shouldn't be there. Also there is an ice machine that is keeping the swelling down, it's a shroud that wraps around the shoulder and an attached pump keeps ice water circulating through the shroud. Works wonders. Screw Vicodin, gimme some ice! (and a wee dram of scotch might help, eh? Gonna have to ask the doc if I can ;) )

And of corse the smoking helps my spirit immeasurably :D Several bowls of McClellands St James Woods today in various fine briars 8)

Earlier, Heinrich's Burley & Bright in a Radice bent chubby; now, WØ Larsen Old Fashioned in my uncle's old GBD prince.

A dram of Glenrothes on the side--an early present from a good friend.

Final bowl of the day. HOTW in a Dunhill Chestnut grp 4 apple while reading John Adams by David McCullough. Great smoke and a great read.

Earlier today

McClelland - 5115, in a Missouri Meerchaum - Country Gentleman

Earlier today, on the screened in porch while the rain poured down, some McClelland S100 Red Cake (thanks SS) in a Alpha Kappa Prince. It went real well with a Maigret by Georges Simenon.

Puff Daddy keep up the good work. I can attest that a wee dram of the Craethur will beat Vicodin all to pieces. :drunken:

Waking to a bowl of GH Synjeco Greenodd Rope and a cupa. Love everything about this tabak other than its price.

Buddy

Last night, Maltese Falcon in a GBD acorn. Today I'm road tripping around the state and taking Christmas Cheer 2007 and a couple of GBDs with me. A rare opportunity to smoke during a business day.

Good Morning All,

Bst Brown Flake in a Lorenzetti freehand.

Cold -25 c Brrrrrrrrr

:) Paul

Last night I popped open a fresh can of Full Va Flake of Samual Gawith & Co. (that I won off PB1 in a friendly wager). I promply stuffed a bowlful into my Tinsky Rhodesian for a nice relaxing hour reading and smoking and drinking some Old Crow in my workshop.
:pipe: :drunken: :study:

HOTW in a Dunhill grp 4 Amber Root Billiard. I'm really liking this tobacco. Tried it once before but found it too strong. This time it's aged about five years. Have some SG Best Brown Flake when this is gone.

Stared the day with Walnut in a Kaywoodie Supreme bent apple. Loading a bowl of Walnut in a Kaywoodie Elegante full bent egg.

Another bowl of boswell's sweet and mild in the boswell freehand.

A bowl of Boswell's berry cobbler in the meer. After that it was some Maltese Falcon in the omega. Nice night.

Just finishing up a bowl of Dunhill Nightcap bulk in an Alan Stevenson billiard. Damn, this is one fine tobacco. I hate the fact that it's no longer available.

Status
Not open for further replies.