What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Began the day with an early 3 am bowl of Hamborger Veermaster in a Stanwell Reg'd Flame Grain saddle billiard while scanning the 80 meter lower side band on the old Grundig. This afternoon the kids went to the ice rink so I enjoyed some Sweet Rum Twist in a Castello "Castello" liverpool while watching a couple episodes of Sherlock Holmes. Now watching a college bowl game with some Stonehenge from Jon's pipe shop in a Stanwell HCA, a nice glass of red wine from a bottle that Tin Man gave us for Christmas.

From todays edition of The Writers Almanac:

It's the birthday of the British writer Rudyard Kipling. Born in Bombay (now Mumbai), India (1865). His father was an artist who got a teaching appointment in British-controlled India. So Kipling grew up in Bombay, in a house with a huge garden. He loved life in India — playing with the paint and clay in his father's studio and spending days with his nanny. She was Indian, and she told him traditional stories and took him with her to the crowded markets. The boy spoke Hindi much better than his parents did, and he absorbed all sorts of songs, stories, and conversations that were meant for adults.

But his happy life in India came to an end when his parents sent him back to England after an outbreak of typhoid and cholera. He went to live with a couple in Southsea, but they were extremely strict. They constantly punished Kipling, and even made him go to school with a sign on his back that said, "Liar."

He went to an army school and got a job with the army back in India. He worked as a staff member on the daily newspaper for British soldiers. At night, Kipling had trouble sleeping, so he started writing fiction and poetry. He became a huge success. He also became a celebrity, which he didn't like at all. So he left England and moved to Vermont, and it was there that he started thinking about his childhood in India and wrote The Jungle Book (1894).

Rudyard Kipling said, "If history were taught in the form of stories, it would never be forgotten."

Even' All, Thanx pd! :cheers: A C&D kind of day, OJK, Guillford Courthouse, pressed,Kajan Kake, Va. Gentleman, All from early '07, in various pipes, Ken. :tongue:
Pacem en Puffing! :tongue: From The Northeast Kingdom! :tongue:

Feeling very Eastern tonight I guess...

Embarcadero in a straight Tsuge Tokyo accompanied by some Dong Ding Oolong tea prepared gong fu style in a gaiwan. This is one of my all time favorite teas and works great with a pipe, keeps your palate clean.

Smoking some Carter Hall in a Dr. Grabow bent

Mikem how is that Ashton Artisans blend? I have a tin or 2 aging for a year or 2 and have not tried it yet.

Just popped open a tin of Maltese Falcon and loaded a Giant Ardor Terra that took
about 10gr. to fill.Now let's play some games on the computer and let the good times roll. :bounce:

Winslow :sunny:

Despite the wind here in DC this afternoon I managed a bowl of Walnut in a Tinsky Coral bent apple while on the back side of the Jefferson Memorial that was blocking the wind pretty well. Headed over to John B. Hayes Tobacconist around 8:00 PM tonight and Hung out until 9:30 when they closed. Smoked a bowl of Walnut in a giant Kaywoodie Handmade saddle bit billiard. Got a pretty good deal on a Reg'd Stanwell #81 that I am thinking I will send to Precision for restoration. The 81 is a nice stacked billiard shape.

ERRd in a Penguin Briar group 3 apple. First bowl in this pipe and I think it is going to prove to be a wonderful smoker.

Smokey

Smoking some RLP-6 in a Savinelli Natural billiard. Diet Coke on the side. Next up, good ol' Prince Albert.

Good Morning All,

Marlin Flake in a Dunhill tanshell liverpool.

-17 c with blowing snow and -30 c something windchill brrrrrrrrrr

:) Paul

Now onto some Prince Albert in a Wilke briar billiard. Coffee on the side.

McB's Navy Flake in a Mike Lindner:
morepipes010.jpg

House of Lords in a Dunhill Cumberland sitter

For the New Years Eve commute home I'll fill a full bent Benton with fresh Haunted Bookshop.
:pipe: on Brothers!

Good Morning All,

Haunted Bookshop in a Stanwell vario.

-28 c brrrrrr

:) Paul

Happy New Year, all. Although still fighting a sinus infection, I'm not letting the New Year start without a pipe of SH's Best Blend in a Chheda poker (what else?).

Some great Haddos Delight in a Don Carlos. Sure is good :sunny:

Status
Not open for further replies.