What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
About a third of a pipe left of this bowl of Standard Tobacco Company of Pennsylvania John Cotton’s Smyrna in a black pebble finish straight 2003 Cavicchi C. Fatto A Mano lovat.

P&W #515 in a 1998 smooth straight Butz-Choquin Bistro 1501 pot.

Flying Dutchman Match in a slight bend black sandblasted Lorenzo Elba Imperia 8636 with an amber colored acrylic stem.

Good morning Gentlemen! The sun returned to Athens, time to work with mouthpieces and tenons for my new meerschaum lined pipes.

2156736269c9bde487b1449f6ef45385d66d8aa3.jpg

Dunhill Standard Mixture - Vauen [i added a ring and a new dot] with double Greek coffee and cool water.

...early AM...MacBaren Virginia #1...now, SG Navy Flake in a '66 gp. 4 Dunhill shell billiard... :cheers:

...up next...M. McQuaid plug... :cheers:

the last of some Black Irish Twist in an MM Diplomat

4th Generation 1931 in a GBD Fantasy bent bulldog.

A third of the way through this bowl of Troost Slices in an egg shaped medium bend smooth Burgundy colored 1985 Caminetto. A bottle of Sprite is my drink.

It's 12:32 CDT and being Sunday it's Sunday go 'ta meetin time with some Presbyterian in my Danish Stanwell Sterling Billiard in a Tanshell finish. Amen :twisted:

About a third of the way through this bowl of Ogden’s Walnut in a 2002 medium bend smooth Rinaldo EGEA 03 Silver line spigot 10.

Not smokin' anything right now, dangit!

So jim...what's the story on the Walnut? Latakia at all? Flavor profile? Is it like Warrior? Lakeland essences in there?

Special note: To all you guys that post pics of the pipe you mention - of any kind - that's really so cool for everyone.

Doesn't matter if it's a stock photo or one your uncle Slappy took with his Brownie Hawkeye...I LOVE seeing 'em.

THANK YOU!!!

Almost finished smoking Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match in a medium bend 2002 MM Legend cob.

Blackhorse":kazv5yn9 said:
Not smokin' anything right now, dangit!

So jim...what's the story on the Walnut? Latakia at all? Flavor profile? Is it like Warrior? Lakeland essences in there?
Here's my review of Ogden's Walnut:
I find this to be a very consistent tasting smoke that burns well no matter how I handle the flake. There's a nice subdued natural Virginia sweetness and earth mixed in with the mild earthy nuttiness of the smoky, lightly woody Kentucky burley, which also has a little molasses and brown sugar sweetness. The spice from the Kentucky is very mild. The burley is the lesser component in terms of composition, but there's a healthy amount of it present. A few detect a little Lakeland essence, but I do not. It's not here at all. The topping reminds me of treacle, but I'm not certain that is what it is. Has a mild nic-hit. I also think it's a lighter smoke than the average ratings indicate, more of a medium than medium to full. Full of flavor and very pleasant to smoke, I only wish it was more available in the U.S. Leaves very little moisture in the bowl and has a nice after taste.

About a third of the way through this bowl of MacBaren HH Pure Virginia in a 2003 straight grain Karl Erik Ekstravagant A medium bend freehand sitter. Just about ready to write my review of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.